Monday, February 25, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane



On saturday my roommate and I loaded my laundry in my car and set out for good old Idaho Falls. I got to go home for Jimmy's mission farwell. I have always looked up to old the older kids who left and on mission. I thought that they were so old and mature. With the great example of my siblings, I have always had such a strong testimony of missionary work. There is just something remarkable that 19 year old boys would put everything aside and

preach what they believe to be true. What faith the lord has in his servents, to leave such a huge responsibility to young men. I always get goosebumps when I see missionaries walking down the street. Well I have had a couple friends leave already, it really hit me this time. All my guy friends are leaving. I am SO proud of them and there is nothing else I would rather have them do! I think it so awesome watching them get so excited about sharing the gospel. But man, it's not easy to let them go. It almost feels as if everyone is leaving me but as dad says " They all come home, Grace. " But it is almost a huge reality check because when they do come home we are not little kids anymore. I will be a senior in college and moving on with my life. Who knows where I will or what I will be doing. My life is never going to be like High School again. I know its sad, but I really enjoyed it. I had good teachers, fun activities, and most importantly great friends!! I guess all I can do is be grateful for such wonderful memories.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

You could be grateful for wonderful parents, too. :-) No, really, you did have a great HS experience and most of it was because you looked for and found ways to serve others. You can always do that and you'll always say, "That was a wonderful time." Good going, Grace. PS Jimmy still looks great!! Swimmy Jimmy will never look that good.

Sandy said...

You didn't really mean "trip" did you?? Please be careful, Grace!! :-)

Unknown said...

I love the swimmy Jimmy thing. While I will never know the real Jimmy... I will also feel close to him through the little swimmy jimmy. It is as if he is really there but just in fish form and he talks bubbles instead of English.

Saving Grace said...

Why did mom have to name her fish after my friend? Jk Jimmy is a great name for a fish.

Anonymous said...

I remember thinking the same thing when all of my friends for High School started going on missions. Boy was it weird when two year went by so quickly and they all started coming home and getting married. It happens way sooner than expected. I'm not trying to say you should get married soon just because you will soon be all grown up and all. I'm just letting you know growing up, happens fast. Swimmy Jimmy might never really understand just how fast but he does make good company for an old lady. he he he he! JK! I love you Mom.

Jack said...

Tag, you're it! http://allusionism.blogspot.com/2008/03/tag.html

Alisha said...

I my etsid you are move homes we came play this sumre .
Live
Alisha