
Ok so today while in church I was thinking how grateful I am for the family we have. Considering 12+ personalities swirling around each other, it's amazing how well we all get along with each other. All of us have been taught the gospel by goodly parents and have used our agency to live our lives in accordance to those principles. It's amazing how we come together and share what the Lord has blessed us with. We each play a role in each others lives and contribute characteristics making us unique. I came across this scripture and fell in love with it. This is when Christ is teaching the multitude when he was visiting the Americas. Its 3rd Nephi 18:21
"Pray in your families unto the father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed." I am so grateful for wonderful parents that showed the way of having family prayer. I watch my older brothers and sisters with their families and how you continue to teach you children these principles. Thanks you all so much for the wonderful example you are to me. I went through each of you and thought of one word that I thought described you. I love each of you!






"Pray in your families unto the father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed." I am so grateful for wonderful parents that showed the way of having family prayer. I watch my older brothers and sisters with their families and how you continue to teach you children these principles. Thanks you all so much for the wonderful example you are to me. I went through each of you and thought of one word that I thought described you. I love each of you!

Dad- Leader
He has been placed in leadership positions and always sets a good example to those he is with. There were several times when I would come up stairs and see him reading his scriptures. He would gather us around to read our scriptures and say family prayer.
He has been placed in leadership positions and always sets a good example to those he is with. There were several times when I would come up stairs and see him reading his scriptures. He would gather us around to read our scriptures and say family prayer.

Mom-Strong
She has been through so much but somehow manages to come out stranger than ever. She has a strong testimony and a strong love for her children. I might even go far enough to say a strong sense of humor.
She has been through so much but somehow manages to come out stranger than ever. She has a strong testimony and a strong love for her children. I might even go far enough to say a strong sense of humor.
Tessha- Persistent
Tessha always seems to be trying. She never gives up and works very hard to be where she is. She is always aware of the needs of those around her.
Tessha always seems to be trying. She never gives up and works very hard to be where she is. She is always aware of the needs of those around her.
Luke-Hard Worker
Ever since I can remember, Luke had always been hard at work. Whether it was training for basketball, serving a mission, or providing for his family. No matter how busy he gets, there is always time for family.
Ever since I can remember, Luke had always been hard at work. Whether it was training for basketball, serving a mission, or providing for his family. No matter how busy he gets, there is always time for family.

Jen- Genuine
She is just so sweet and caring. When she asks you how you are doing, you can tell that she really means it. She always seems to be aware of those around her. I have also noticed that she is an amazing mother. I love watching her with her kids.
She is just so sweet and caring. When she asks you how you are doing, you can tell that she really means it. She always seems to be aware of those around her. I have also noticed that she is an amazing mother. I love watching her with her kids.
Will- Peacemaker
People always say how when he was little he was so pleasant. Well honestly I don't remember him when he was little but when ever I see him, he always carries this sense of peace with him. He never says anything mean about anyone and has that look on his face like " I love you"
People always say how when he was little he was so pleasant. Well honestly I don't remember him when he was little but when ever I see him, he always carries this sense of peace with him. He never says anything mean about anyone and has that look on his face like " I love you"
Jenni- Joyful
When ever she walks in to the room, it is as if she brings the sunshine with her. She has a way of making you forget all your problems and just enjoy life. I love how when she starts to laugh, everyone else will join in.
Kristi-Exemplar
She is my role model. I have always looked up to Kristi, whether it was in basketball, a love for Hawaii, or the church. She is such a good example to me. I love going over to her house and seeing with her family. I love talking to her and just being around her because she is everything that I want to be when I grow up
When ever she walks in to the room, it is as if she brings the sunshine with her. She has a way of making you forget all your problems and just enjoy life. I love how when she starts to laugh, everyone else will join in.
Kristi-Exemplar
She is my role model. I have always looked up to Kristi, whether it was in basketball, a love for Hawaii, or the church. She is such a good example to me. I love going over to her house and seeing with her family. I love talking to her and just being around her because she is everything that I want to be when I grow up
Haini-Chef
Haini can cook up a storm and boy is it good. He can take something as disgusting as an octopus and make it look so good. He is also a very good dad and a funny guy. He is a roasta ( or however you spell it )
Daniel- Easygoing
Daniel has always been so laid back. He looks for the good in everyone and does what he can to help them. Whenever you are around him, he is always doing something goofy to make you laugh and cheer you up

Daniel has always been so laid back. He looks for the good in everyone and does what he can to help them. Whenever you are around him, he is always doing something goofy to make you laugh and cheer you up

Dalynn- Personable
Dalynn takes time to get to others on a deeper lever. She knows just what to do to make you feel special, whether its a simple phone call to say we are thinking of you or just a hug.
Dalynn takes time to get to others on a deeper lever. She knows just what to do to make you feel special, whether its a simple phone call to say we are thinking of you or just a hug.
Laura- Smart
She is always looking for the best way to accomplish a task. She wont just rush into anything but takes time to think through the pro's and con's She is also a very good listener. She listens intently and the answers honestly and sincerely. So many times, Laura was the one to calm me down and help me through those troubling teenager years.
She is always looking for the best way to accomplish a task. She wont just rush into anything but takes time to think through the pro's and con's She is also a very good listener. She listens intently and the answers honestly and sincerely. So many times, Laura was the one to calm me down and help me through those troubling teenager years.
Mark- Servant
Mark is always going out of his way to help someone in need. He notices when something needs to be done and he does it with out even having to be asked. He is so happy and willing to help out anybody even if it is at a inconvenience to him.
Mark is always going out of his way to help someone in need. He notices when something needs to be done and he does it with out even having to be asked. He is so happy and willing to help out anybody even if it is at a inconvenience to him.
Elizabeth- Christlike
She was always the person to be so kind and gentle. She always has something nice to say about everyone and looks for the best in every situation. There were so many times where I would fin cute little notes expressing her love for me.

James- Obedient
He does what is required of him but he does it with a smile. He brings so much joy to our family. I love how is willing to try new things.

He does what is required of him but he does it with a smile. He brings so much joy to our family. I love how is willing to try new things.
Seth- Loving
Seth is amazing. I love him. He is always so concerned about others and finds way of sharing his love. He always comes up to you and gives hugs. He is so quick to obey and doesn't ever complain. Seth is one of my best friends and I love talking to him 
Alisha- Determined
This little girl is so determined. She was determined to live and is determined to make the most of it. She tries so hard at what ever she does. Many said she wouldn't be able to walk or talk but now she is telling jokes, managing every sports team, and as of late, DRIVING!
13 comments:
Thanks you so much Gracie!! You're blog means so much to me. I think you hit the nail on the head with every single person. You are amazing to me. You are kind and helpful, fun and easy, and always learning. I love spending time with you and listening to all that goes on in your life. You are my Grace!! and everyone needs a little Grace. :-)
I love your blog Grace. You put into words the same feeling I was feeling today. thank you for your words of love.
If I could pick on word to describe you it would be
Friend`
I'm amazed as I have watched you grow. You where always a friend to some one who just needed a friend. Example: knock knock a knock knock, "Come in Joe"
If it wasn't for your friendship, I don't know how I would have made it through my senior year. Thanks for all the girl date nights with me, Alisha, Amanda and Heidi. You will always be a friend in my heart.
Will you send me a copy of this blog by e-mail so I can keep it and put it into my book I've made about the proclamation to the world.
I love you! We can't wait to name a little girl after you. You mean that much to me.
Wow! What a wonderful post! As I've only met a few of you a couple times and some not at all, I LOVE reading these. I think I may (soon) do something similar myself for my families.
Great Post Grace!
It's always fun to tell people, when they ask how many brothers & sisters I have. It's even more cool, when they ask, "So do you all get along?" knowing that with 12 people under the same roof there is bound to be some personality conflict, but to watch their face when I say, "Yes, we all get along and infact they are my best friends". You can just watch their eyes open and jaw drop. It's one thing to meet someone from a family of 12, but when they all get along and there is no sibling rivalry or bickering it's just that much more amazing.
And a word to decribe you Grace - FUN! I see a lot of similarities between you and Jenni. Whenever you are around there is "FUN" going to take place and you are going to make sure everyone around is going to have FUN with you.
You nailed it! It was so fun to read and be like "yep" that is true.
I was way too excited when I found out you were coming down to Provo. I know you have to have your own college life but I wanted to hang out with out all the time because you are just that fun!
I have to agree with Will, you and I are like soul-sistas! Crazy laughing females of fun. Hahah. Love you Grace - thanks for the great post. :)
Dear Grace,
Your blog was wonderful. I think one of the reason you all go along so well is your Mother. She would never settle for anything less than the best from you all.
I agree with Will and Jenni. If there is a word to descibe you it would be FUN. You have always had the ability to bring fun into our family.
Love,
Dad
I love how Mom is getting "stranger"! Hehehee! I think you labeled every single one of us correctly. Love you Gracie!
I love how mom is getting "stranger" too. Like I said, I think she hit the nail right on the head. :-)
Haha that meant to say stronger but ya know I think stranger fits nicely there too. JK I love you mom
I just read your post. That has got to be one of the sweetest posts I have ever read.
Your family is awesome. I'm always telling people how amazing my in-laws are. Actually the word I use most often is perfect. You all do and have done such incredible things with your lives. You all have made and continue to make really great choses in life too. You are also a family of love. You all just love each other so much. I don't think I have ever seen any of you argue or disagree. I love and admire that and so many other things about you all. What can I say, I really lucked out in the in-law department. I feel so blessed to be related to so many high quality amazing people. I love you Thomas Family.
okay.. that was so fun to read and the comments were cool. But I gotta say that I don't want to be nailed on the head. (ex: mom joke). Well I know that you have your own life and you don't want to have what would be the coolest amazing sleepover ever. It's okay... I understand but I'll let you color in my "Littlest Petshop" coloring book.
Well I would totally label you as FUN. In fact I think that it really just "nailed" it on the head. You are always playing with my kids and they LOVE you for that. You are so fun and you was always like that. I remember when you were little and everyone just played around you feeding you candy and then just watching what you were gonna do. I also love how you have always had confidence in yourself and you just go out and do those things that you want to. You are my example of believing in yourself.
Mom is getting stranger and I agree that Dalynn gets to know people on a deeper lever. Hahahaha. I luf you Gracie!!!
Post a Comment