Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Excellent Adventure

Some friends from school and I had been planning a road trip since
about January and it finally came! My friend Melanie drove up from Utah and spent the night.
In the morning, we decorates the car and map quested our directions to Spokane.





At the state lines we would dance around and see how many people we could get to honk at us. We would try to get all the truckers to honk at us as we drove past. Well this trucker we named Mr Boats was totally awesome. We actually met him at the rest area where he was laughing at us because on our car window we painted "Pilot" and " Co-pilot." He thought it was quite funny. We later passed him on the freeway and he was so happy to see some of his new friends. We were having so much fun with him that we actually pulled off the freeway again just so we could pass him again. You should have seen his face as we passed him for the 3rd time.




After several hours of driving we stopped at beautiful Cour D' Alene. We didn't stay long because we were so close to Seth's house. Little did we know, we had a detour ahead of us.The mapquest directions took us directly to a dead end. We were in the middle of no where and this is what was ahead of uss.We sat there wondering what we were going to do. The sign said Road Closed Use Alternative Route. We didn't have an alternative route. So we decided to just go down the road. It was 4 miles of pure laughter. There was this mist of darkness that seemed to continuely follow us and I swear I saw I sign that said Danger Do Not Enter. But we made it and ended up with quite a funny story.When we arrived at Seth's house we were SOOOOO excited. I don't think I put the car in park before I ran out to give him a hug. I don't think I have ever been so excited to see a friend. Seth's sisters were so nice they let us have there room.



It was so fun to just hang out with old friends.Because he lived in the country we went outside and looked at the stars. But I have to admit, I was a little afraid of the mountain lions.In the mornig we packed up and hit the road again. What a gentleman, carrying all our luggage!We didn't make it too far before we stop for a picture. Seth lives on Jump Off Joe Road. How cool is that?!?!On the road again, just can't wait to hit the road again. The three amigos headed up to Selah which is near Yakima Washington to pick up my roommate Michelle.When we finally got to Michelle's house, the fun had just begun! Don't I have good looking friends?!By the time we left Michelle's house it was pretty late and we still had about 3 hours to go so we stopped at the local Safeway and picked up some treats. Yes, I got otter pops! They were already frozen and were calling my name. They helped keep me awake. When I wanted another otter pop I would say to Michelle " Otter me" and she would hand me another one. It was so fun just to spend time with them all again.We got to Seth's brothers house at like 2 in the morning and went straigh to bed because tomorrow was a big day! We woke up and drove to the coast! The water was freezing but...the company was great! We saw this awesome bike and were tempted to get it but we decided that ...Mopeds would be even better!Thats right we rode mopeds on the beach!! Seriously it was the best thing I have done in a long time!! I especially like chasing the seagulls and honking my horn!After a couple hour at the beach, we got back in the car and drove to.... SEATTLE!We walked around Seattle and just enjoyed the sites. Unfortunatly Pikes Market was closed but it was ok because we found plently to do.Including a giant piggy bank!While walking around we found our twins. It was kinda funny how we found a manaquin that looked so similar to each of us. A trip to Seattle wouldn't be complete without the Space Needle
I have the coolest friends. This trip was everything I imagined and more. I think one of the best things was just spending time with them. We could do what we wanted, when we wanted. I think we were at least 2 hours late for everything but it didn't matter because we just enjoying the trip.





We then got back in the car and drove to Will and Jenni's house. We stopped by and said hi and quickly got on the road again. It was great to see them and baby Preston. He is so cute. Thanks guys for letting us stop by.

That night we stayed up till 3 in the morning talking and laughing. I miss them :( I knew my adventure was coming to an end when I had to start saying goodbye. I am so bad at goodbyes even though I would be seeing Michelle again in a month because we are going to be roommates again!

Melanie, Seth and I drove back to Spokane. Seth took us out to Chinese and then we went to watch the new Batman movie. It was pretty cool.
It was so much fun but we knew that tomorrow we would have to say goodbye to Seth who is leaving on his mission. We said our goodbyes and I can assure you that there were no dry eyes. I have mentioned before how happy I am for these guys but also how had it is to say goodbye to all these great guys for two years. I have never been so close to such great guys and to have them all leave with in a couple months of each other, it HARD! But they do come home so hopefully not everything will be different and we will still be able to such good friends.








Melanie and I got back in the car and drove. It was a rather sad ride home but we enjoyed talking about all the great times we've had over the past year and all the great memories we created this week.


We stopped to get gas in Kellogg ID which so happens to be the home of the worlds longest gondola ride. We thought we would just check out how much it cost. As we were in the parking lot, this lady came up to us and asked if we wanted her and her husbands all day passes. We were pretty excited because they ended up being $18 a piece and we got them for free.
We rode to the top of the mountain and boy was it beautiful. It was a great ending to a great trip.

5 comments:

Will Thomas said...

Looks like a fun-filled college road trip! Those are the best. Thanks for stopping in, it was good to see ya!

Dan Thomas said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. I am glad you got to go. Seth will be a good missionary. Remember like I tell you missionaries have a habit of coming home in two years.

Kaylene said...

Wow! How wonderful is that? Enjoy those experiences, I was too busy being a wife and pregnant at your age! No pictures of you and Preston?

Unknown said...

I think that was the funnest post I've ever read. I'm glad that you took that trip. You'll always remember it. It is sad to think that you won't see Seth for two years so I'm glad you made the memories. I love your "Otter Me" and jump off joe pic. You are so much fun. Maybe that is why Sitani adores you. Thanks for a fun week too. We love Auntie Grace.

Sandy said...

How fun!!! You are always a PARTY!! Everywhere you go, everything you do is fun! I'm so glad you got to go on this trip and make memories. One day you'll be my age and you'll say, "I remember when...." and then you'll laugh all over again.