Good news. I finished the Book of Mormon again today and guess what... it's still true. I thought it might be. I am seriously in love with that book!!! So I think I'll start reading it again, you should too.
Top Ten Movies
- Indianna Jones and the Lost Liahona
- Chariots of Fire and Brimstone
- Plant of the AP's
- Elder Bulluers Day Off number 6
- Spirit and Spirituality
- 101 Damnations
- 2 Years in Tibet
- E.C. The Extra Celetrial
- It's a Wonderful Pre-Mortal Life
- Sending Elder Ryan
Haha ok so that's kind of funny, well maybe more corny then funny but I am using it to illustrate my point for this week. I LOVE THE MEDIA! Ok I know what you're thinking, you're a missionary that's the last thing you should be thinking about but listen.
So the last couple months the only interaction I've had with the media has been EFY music and those who know me well know that I love media. I worked for BYU Broadcasting, I am studying Communications/Broadcast Journalism. It's just a huge part of who I am and what I have a passion for. I felt like a part of me was slipping away and I am so afraid of being a robot missionary. I don't want to be boring. I want to take my zest for life and use that to add to being a missionary. Well all that changed this week when I discover the church library full of cheesy yet inspiring church movies!!! Oh I was in heaven! We were waiting for our appointment to show up and I thought what better way to get pumped up for missionary work then by watching Called to Serve! Wahoo. Ok this movie was made in 1991 but oh it made me so happy! First happy that Sister Missionaries don't have to wear clothes like that anymore and happy that my bangs are not that big. But also happy because missionaries are SO cool and I am one!! That still freaks me out but regardless I just had one of those, " Holy cow I am doing the Lords work. This is the absolute best thing I could be doing with my life right now." Anyway needless to say I cried tears of happiness lol. The media does that to me! Then the following day we watched The Jospeh Smith movie with Barbara and ahhh I just love that movie to. I think I just love movies and the gospel and when they come together, my life is complete. I even pretended to be a Temple Square Sister as I introduced the movie lol. I am nerd. I had so many answers to my questions and felt peace while watching the movie. After the movie, Barbara goes, " Wow, no drugs are alcohol could ever make me feel this high!" Ha oh Barbara! Then later this week some one basically bore there testimony that the those corny little commercials changed their life. I was thinking how the media really does help spread the gospel. I tell people probably 100 times a day to go check out mormon.org. I am so grateful that I worked for BYU Broadcasting and got to take part in sharing the gospel that way. I love the media!! Think of how many times you've felt the spirit from an uplifting song, or watch a movie that touched your heart ( Blindside totally did that for me). Although there is opposition in all things are some horrible things comes from the media as well. Look for the good. It's such a blessing we have!
Anyway that's my soap box and I haven't even starting talking about my week. Maybe I'll just make a list of things and send pictures. No one really wants to read a novel anyway.
Happenings this week
- I went to the doctors twice this week. Got sick the day I was supposed to go to the doctor. I am fine and healthy so no worries there
- Sister Lanes' bike broke so we walked everywhere. I think one day we walked easily 20 miles. Needless to say, I now have a very noticeable missionary tan.
- Thursday was Sis Broderick's B-day and we had such a great time!! We went out to eat while we were waiting for my doctor appointment in downtown Tampa. We went to Long Horn Stake House. AMAZING!
- We witnessed a motorcycle accident. That was so scary. I am pretty sure the guy died on the scene. It was really scary! And ok Stephen, you win, motorcycles are very dangerous and I don't care if you refuse to have one.
- Diane (our neighbor) talked to my mom and pretty much she's proud of me :)
- I got pulled over by the cops along with like 20 other people. I had no idea what was going on and I about died panicking that I was getting in trouble. But then he kept calling me "Utah" and then he was like you're good to go. I don't really know what happen but seriously that freaked me out.
- I made friends with a baby squirrel. It walked right up to me and sat in my hand!
- I have had so many tender mercies from the Lord, it's not even funny!
Next week I'll share with you all some of the really cool things I've been learning. Because it's so cool. Happy Birthday Kristi! Happy Birthday Mom!
Have a great week. I love you all. I really do!











5 comments:
What are you doing. Kicking that guys? hahaha You are one crazy missionary.
You are having to much fun! Missions are supposed to be misurable.
sometimes pictures need context Grace i.e. Are you taking self-defense classes? And, if so, is this a new mission-rule because some sister missionaries are getting punched in the face?
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]online casinos[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]online casino[/url] manumitted no deposit bonus at the leading [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]online casinos
[/url].
We [url=http://www.onlinebaccarat.gd]baccarat online[/url] obtain a corpulent library of totally unconditional casino games championing you to play opportunely here in your browser. Whether you appetite to practice a provisions recreation master plan or honest examine out a occasional original slots first playing on the side of unfeigned in clover, we be undergoing you covered. These are the exact uniform games that you can engage at real online casinos and you can with them all for free.
Post a Comment