Monday, November 8, 2010

Como te Llamas?

Hey everyone. 
It's me again. I have so much to say about this week so I'll jump right into the good stuff. Saturday we had a baptism for Miesje. She was definitely an answer to my prayers. After 3 1/2 months of endless tracting and teaching people who just weren't ready to commit, I was able to witness a sweet reminder of Gods love for his children and His plan for us. She asked me to speak on the Holy Ghost, which ironically ( or not) has been something that I've been pondering this week. I am so grateful for the companionship of the Holy Ghost. There is no better feeling then the spirit. I am especially grateful for the peace that the gospel brings. One of my all time favorite scriptures is John 14:27. "aPeace I leave with you, my bpeace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be ctroubled, neither let it be afraid. " I work with a variety of people from all walks of life and this I know, that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way you can feel true peace and happiness. I also now know that Social Work really just isn't for me. It takes special people and I am not one. 
I've had several oppurtunies to see the priesthood in action. I am SO SO SO grateful for the priesthood in my life. It's some thing I"ve always known is important but the more I study it and witness the blessings that come from it, I can't help but look up to those in my life who know their priesthood duties and live worthy to act. I am so grateful for a father who taught us how vital it is to have it in our homes. Here's to you my brothers and friends. Thank you for the wonderful fathers, husbands, uncles, and friends that you are. Anyway I'll get off that little soap box and go on telling you about the adventures I am having.  
  • I rode in a gold cart! That was GREAT! Who knew they'd be so fun. We went apartment shopping with Barbara and they were giving us tours in their golf carts. I felt like a princess in a parade. I waved at all the people passing as I drank my free soda and munched on the complimentary cinnomen rolls. I think apartment shopping is my new favorite hobby especially when all the model homes are furnished by IKEA.
  • Wednesday was a day of miracles! We set 2 more baptismal dates for the month of November! Each story is so amazing and holy cow this really is the Lords work. They were all member referrels and so awesome. This will give a grand total of one baptism for every saturday in November.
  • Thursdays we attend the spanish class taught by a lady in our ward. Oh my goodness that is so much fun!!! I am learning a lot yet still freeze anytime I talk to someone on the streets in spanish. Oh well. I'm making progess. Kesley you would be so proud of me :)  The class is awesome!
  • Friday we had a "Meet the Missionaries" activity to get the ward more involved in missionary work. Well one person showed up. Oh well more pizza for the missionaries. It actually was really fun and we're slowing making progess so that's good.
  • Ok so it's like 60 degrees and I'm freezing!! What the heck is wrong with me?! Being from Idaho I thought there was no way I would be cold in Florida. Well I was wrong. I am a little baby!! If any one has any old granna cardigans or sweeters they aren't using or are just too ugly to be seen in public, send them my way. I'd  be a grateful recipient. I don't know why I am so cold all the time. It's pathetic. Oh well, I still love Florida.
Well here I go rambling on again. It's been an eventful, crazy, blessed week here in the crazy yet beautiful town of Tampa. Hope you all are doing well. Thanks for all the letters! It really so so wonderful. Keep em coming!
 
Until next week, stay classy fellow readers of my letters
 
Love
Siste Grace Thomas





 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the sign that says "No Drugs allowed".

It sounds like you are doing well. Keep up the good work. We love you.