Ok so my title of my email is a little crazy but ha, it makes me laugh.
Ok on to more important information. So apparently my blog is becoming more popular that I originally had planned and out of my safety and respect for those I work with, I will no longer use real or full name. I love that people are reading it and I thank you all for the support. If you want to get better details you are more than welcome to write me or email me and I would be happy to share. For now I will keep it more of a general day to day life of a missionary, well of me. I have also asked for my current living address to be removed but you can still send stuff to the mission address.
With that info out of the way let me tell you all about this week.
Well let me just start out by once again saying how much I love my mission and my life!! You know that song from "Wicked" where she is singing about how she "couldn't be happier. " Yeah that is running through my head, along with some EFY music that gets old real fast.
We had interview with President this week and it went a little something like this:
We had interview with President this week and it went a little something like this:
Me: " President I am running out of time!! I need to bring more people to Christ quick!! Tell me the magical secret to having more success. I don't feel like I am seeing it and I have to hurry.. blah blah.. blah....my life is so dramatic.... blah blah blah... I just want to be a good person.... blah blah blah.... "
President; " Haha whooa calm down Sister Thomas, let's not worry about that."
He then proceeded to go on to tell me... actually, I am not really sure what he said but I can tell you what I felt. YOU ARE LOVED!! Don't you see all the good things you have done. Look at the past year, look at your progress. The Lord is so proud of you. That was such an amazing feeling. He continued to expound on all the great things that are in-store for me. The spirit that was felt was remarkable and then hearing him pray for me to get the desires of my heart was the icing on the cake. He touched on so many things that I had questions to and I know that He speaks for the Lord. I then spent the next week reflecting on my life and just everything really. I am so blessed!!! I really do just want to be a good person and make my Savior, family, friends etc proud. My reflection was then enhanced be being about to meet up with some of the most influential people I've met on my mission this far.
I got to see Diane before she headed out on her long move to Tennesse. Talking with her brought back so many memories and once again, the spirit helping me to see some of the blessing Heavenly Father has so graciously given me. I was also able to meet up with Barbara and help and strengthen her. Actually I think it goes the other way around. She helps and strengthens me. We just have this connection that is very special. As she speaks, I am once again reminded of how grateful I am for this opportunity to seave a mission.
I got to see Diane before she headed out on her long move to Tennesse. Talking with her brought back so many memories and once again, the spirit helping me to see some of the blessing Heavenly Father has so graciously given me. I was also able to meet up with Barbara and help and strengthen her. Actually I think it goes the other way around. She helps and strengthens me. We just have this connection that is very special. As she speaks, I am once again reminded of how grateful I am for this opportunity to seave a mission.
I have had many conversations with Sister Erb just about how she wants to "soak up" everything from me. I keep telling her to soak up the spirit because the time flies. I just want to soak up everything!! I don't want to miss a minute. Times are hard, the work is slow, but I am so happy to be here and for the chance to really forget myself. I find no joy or happiness thinking about myself. I love serving. I love this gospel. It's true.
Well I am totally out of time. I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment