Monday, October 10, 2011

Sister Thomas Time




So most people feel the spirit by a "burning in the bosom." Honestly I am not not sure quite what that means but this week I discovered a new way I feel the spirit... my stomach aka hunger. After our interviews with president we had about 30 minutes to eat some lunch. We were debating going home and throwing together something real quick or just grabbing some food quickly. It was about that time I knew I needed a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger and an frosty. Need is true! You always need a frosty, especially with some fries. So we go to Wendy's and as I am standing in line debating between honey mustard sauce and sweet and sour, I start talking to Al. One thing led to another and then pretty soon I'm holding up the line and I don't care. I am thinking, "Um... excuse me, I'm trying to share the gospel. This is way more important than your precious frosty" Well I invited him to sit with us and we had a great discussion right there in Wendy's. I am telling ya, bowling allies, Wendy's, bus stops, that's my ideal place for a lesson haha. So anyway, we're meeting with him and his wife tomorrow. And he started reading the Book of Mormon. Well if one example of my stomach leading to new investigators isn't enough, I shall share another. Friday I was dying for some Chipotle, even though Cafe Rio is way better but they don't have that out here so I had to settle for second best. We go in and meet Lauren who asked us for some "literature" Boy have we got some literature for you. Ha, it was so perfect. My stomach never leads me astray! Especially with Brownies :) yum!
 

One of the highlights of my week was a lesson that we had with Cat. We listened to the talk by Elder Cook "It's better to look up" and talk about releasing your burdens to the Lord. We then went outside and each took a helium balloon, wrote something that we were turning over to the Lord on it, and one by one released it into the beautiful Florida sky. I took this activity very seriously. Releasing the balloon was for some reason SOO hard for me. It felt so real but it was a great feeling. I tend to like to take control and so sometimes I realize, I need to just let go and trust the Lord. Cat told me that she will always remember this lesson. I get bored of the usual sit down, read scriptures lessons. Although there is definitely a time and place for those lessons.



 
Another tender mercy of the week was in Sunday school yesterday. Aaron showes up to church wearing church clothes that he went out and got. Kelli looked at me and said " he looks so sexy" I just smiled at that comment :) Then there was a man visiting who told us all about the trials of his life and how he was bitter towards God but he was trying to get his life in line and be obedient to the commandments. Then little miss Kelli raises her hand and bares the most powerful testimony about how the gospel will bring greater blessing and joy into his life and she was a personal witness of that. AHHHH!! So happy!! Then I get a message from her that says this.... "Thank you sisters for all that you do for me and my family.  Helping us get back into the good graces of Heavenly Father and back to the blessings and rewards we were promised from the very beginning of time.Oh and figure out what type of Cheesecake so Aaron knows what he will need. " The cheesecake part was my favorite. hah jk seriously though, I love helping people come unto Christ.
 

My companion pointed out a very real and scary fact to me. She so graciously reminded me that I only have 8 weeks left of " Sister Thomas time."  She said I have the rest of my life to be Grace and I will never have to opportunity to be Sister Thomas again. AH, thanks for reminding me. It did get my pondering though about how truly grateful I am for this precious "Sister Thomas time." It is a time that I will cherish forever, but enough of the crazy info. I need to get going now but thanks for all your love, prayers and support.
 


Have a blessed week
 
Love
Sister Grace Thomas
  

 
Oh and Kristi I totally knew you were pregnant!! I can sense it even hundreds of miles away :) Congratz!

No comments: