So I just recently finished the book of 1st Nephi again and I wanted to share some of the life lessons I learned from Nephi's example in adversity. Good news, just in case you were wondering, they did make it safely to the promised land. That storm gets me every time, but without fail, they always make it safely.
All joking aside, after some contemplation, I came up with 8 things that we can learn from his example
1. He was always obedient to the commandments, no matter how strange they seemed (3:7, 4:10-14)
2. Constantly expressing gratitude (18:16)
3. Placed his trust & strength in the Lord (4:1-3; 7:17; 11:17)
4. Forgave others (17:55; 18:21)
5. Sought his own personal revelation and guidance from the spirit (2:16; 10-17)
6. Never complained (16:17-3; 17:2-3)
7. Searched the scriptures (5:21)
7. Diligently pressed forward (8:8&24)
What was the reward.... Inheriting the land of promise flowing with milk and honey!
2 comments:
Gracie, my dear, you never fail to inspire me. Thank you for sharing!
And he created an eternal family. Because of his strength and faith in the Lord his children and grandchildren and many of his posterity became an eternal unit. Not bad, uh?
Post a Comment