Sunday, March 18, 2012

For Diane

Today I ran a 10K in the Rex Lee Run. I ran in honor of my hero Diane Clayton. 

(my time was just under 56 minutes and I averaged about an 8:40 miles... Not too bad I know I can do better but not going to lie, the wind didn't help much.)

Diane was my angel on my mission and continues to be a source of strength for me. 




Thoughts while running

  • Diane! Diane! Diane!
  • I will not be passed up by stroller moms, pregnant moms, men who are triple my age, and  children under the age of 10
  • I love running
  • I have a lot more work to do before my marathon
  • The wind is really strong and I can't see but I must keep going... I see a great life metaphor forming...
  • Kiss my trash_________ 
  • Man, my legs are really white... I need a tan
  • Diane!
Some of my favorite songs to run to

5 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

For good running songs, I also recommend Enter Sandman by Metallica, Eye of the Tiger, and Mighty Fine Life from Newsies.

Sandy said...

I'm so proud of you but mostly I'm just plain jealous. Can I be 24 again? I'd run with you wherever you want to go.

James and Elizabeth said...

SWEET! Good job Grace.

Will Thomas said...

If it makes you feel any better I ran 12 min/miles at my race this weekend. Good job!

Diane said...

Awww Gracie I am so very touched and so very proud of what you have done. What an amazing honor you have given me. I am sorry it has taken me this long to post, but I explained that to you today on the phone. Thank you for all you have done, you are a very special young lady indeed!! Love you!