Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back to School

In the words of Adam Sandler
" Back to school, back to school, to prove to my dad I'm not a fool
I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight.
Hope I don't get in a fight!"

Well you guessed it, I am back at the Y. That's one reason I haven't blogged in a while. I am was making up 4 months of my social life. So here is an update of the last 3 weeks

I moved in to my apartment and almost had a panic attack. To put it nicely, my apartment is GHETTO!! The first couple days, I was seriously considering moving back home to the futon in the basement but as soon as my old roommates got their, it began to feel like home.

Although my apartment is a little on the lower class of things, the complex is amazing. It has such a social environment and the ward is really cool. Here I am at our first ward social.
Here is my little group of friends from last year ( plus this random guy named Tim. People are so friendly sometimes)


Shortly after I moved back, Lauren my buddy from high school came down to visit. She is thinking about transferring so I showed her around campus and even took her to the first BYU football game. It was a lot of fun.

Can I just say how much I love BYU! Not only do we have an amazing football team (who by the way are 16th in the nation!!!) but it has such a positive atmosphere. In my Mass Communications class, our professor gave us a short history of BYU and shared a video demonstrating how blessed we are to attend this university. It made me realize how happy I am here.


The football teams motto for the year is " The quest for perfection, on and off the field" Only at BYU do the incorporate religion and football.

Then one saturday night, me an my roommate were planning on going to a bonfire. As we drove out there, we realized that we were pretty lost. So we ended up driving around Utah Lake. We got out and looked at the stars. It was fun just to hang out and talk to her.
It's so nice to be back at school! I am sure I will update you on more of my crazy adventures to come. Until then, peace out! Love you all!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Yayyyy! I remember how excited I was to begin school again after being home all summer.

Didyou take that picture of the BYU flag at the football game? It's very artistic. I love it.

NelsonFam said...

You need to help Mark catch some of that "BYU Spirit." He is so sad to be going back to school.

We are sure glad you are back! And thanks for your help with Jace.

The Thomas Family said...

It's hard to believe you are already on your second year of school. Man, time flies.
May I also say you are looking as beautiful as always?!

Dalynn said...

Oh Gracie, we love you so much! Have an awesome time at school this year. Call Daniel sometime when you're up late studying, he probably will be too.

Unknown said...

Wow!!! the little cougar here is coming apart with your BYU pictures. He saw them and started shouting "Go Cougars!" now he is on the floor acting like he is tackling. I guess you really had an affect on this lil guy. 100 thanks for the fun memories on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Back to school. That song James has been singing for the last three weeks. Looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see more posts. So keep it up.