This is to all those who feel like they've had enough and are at their breaking point. Sometimes life just sucks!! I don't want to sit here and complain about the horrible things that have happened to me in the last month but I do want to make a point. I know right now I feel like I am playing in a game of dodge ball against the whole world and I'm loosing. Everything and anything that could have gone wrong has and I think I've hit my breaking point. I've tried to keep a positive attitude about things and look for the good in the situation but honestly I am just not seeing it. It's frustrating because right when I feel like things are going to be ok something else comes along and knocks over everything I've built up. Today as I walking to work listening to my ipod I came across one of my favorite songs that described exactly how I feel. The song is called Stand by Rascal Flatts. The lyrics are...
You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless
Like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright, you'll be alright
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you STAND, Then you STAND
Life's like a novel
With the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon
With only one way down
Take what you're given before its gone
Start holding on, keep holding on
Everytime you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand, Then you stand
I think this song illustrates an important principle. It is after we after we decided that we've had enough, that we must stand. We must get up once more even if knowing you'll be knocked right back down. That is what makes us strong. Not the fall, and not after you're up, but the process of getting back up. As this songs says, " Every time you get up and get back in the race, one more small piece of you, starts to fall into place" It's during these times where your stregnth is tested the most. I think our loving Father in Heaven, knew exactly what he was doing when he gave us weaknesses. Ether 12:27 says that "... I give unto men weakness that they maybe humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humbleth himself before me; for if they humble themselves before me, AND have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." We have these trials/weaknesses to get us on our knees and plead with him to help us. He is always more than willing to helpful, in fact, he will do whatever he can to help us, even it includeds watching us suffer. He has a plan for us and we need to learn to align ours with his. If we endure our trials well, "God shall exhalt thee on high." (D&C 121:8) And that's why were are here, to be exalted and become like our Father in Heaven. So in the words of Rascal Flatts,
When push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of,
you might bend til you break, cause it's all you can take
on your knees, you look up, decide you've had enough
you get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you STAND!!
6 comments:
Sorry for the downers.
I read a quote by Joseph Smith yesterday that was very similar. He was talking about all of his difficulties through life. He mentioned that he felt like a big rough stone and that he just kept getting hit by other stones, bouncing from one place to another. He didn't understand why until later in his life when he realized each time his big, rough stone was hit, it was hit in the exact spot that was needed for that time and over a long period it had smoothed & polished his stone into a beautiful work of art.
Enjoy getting knocked around, before you know it you will be exactly what Heavenly Father wants you to be and if you want what Heavenly Father wants, you will be exactly what you want to be.
I'm sorry Grace for all the "suckiness" going on right now. :( It is hard to go through I know. But you have a great attitude about it all even when you don't want to.
If you ever need a break, you can come visit us here in Seattle. :)
SMILE YOUR ON CAMERA!!!!
I really like that song. You are so positive it's inspirational. When you have some time I would love to hear about all the events that have taken place over the past little while. I know you didn't get into the Media program, but other than that, I'm clueless. I want to hear about everything. You can call anytime, day or night.
I LOVE this post, thanks so much for the inspiration to keep trying! You're awesome! I really hope things get better, it's rough when things get this crazy. (((HUGS)))
Sending love and compassion your way Grace.
I too hit another lovely "bump on the road in life." I got some, let's say, not good news, and after all I could do it still wasn't enough. (Argh) I just started sobbing.
Car drama, no biggie, a blessing in disguise to yet be revealed but for some reason this one was overwhelming.
I gave this one up to Heavenly Father completely. I told Him I'd go to the temple every week in the month of January and request that He open the doors that He knows I need and desire. It's mid month and the ups and downs continue. I continue to do what I can and still there's no resolution but I strongly feel it's in the works and like usual He will provide. I'm looking forward with hope - my new personal theme this year.
In the meantime, it's been wonderful to be in the temple. I'll put your name on the prayer roll and think of you while I'm there.
Love ya, little sis. You always stand tall in my eyes.
Post a Comment