Monday, March 9, 2009

My Birthday and a Year in Review

First off, thanks to everyone who helped to make my 20th birthday such a special one!! It seriously was one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time. It started off great by being able to come home from work early because the power went out on campus. I got home and enjoyed being with my roommates. Plus, I found out that my midterm got pushed back a week so I didn't have to take a test on my birthday. I then got an email from work saying that someone had dropped off some flowers for me and to come in and get them. I quickly ran back into work to find these waiting for me....
6 orange roses!! My favorite. I was surprised because there was no note. Nothing to the slightest hint as to who they were from. My first thought was Mom. I called her and she wasn't much help, in fact, she lead me on a wild goose chase calling basically every sibling asking if they sent me flowers. Of course they said no. I then asked all my roommates, neighbors, even random people in my ward. I asked my fellow Man205ers ( the group of guys I hang with) if they sent me the flowers. THey all said no. I was so confused, but determined to find out who they were from. Well after all the strenuous effort to unveil the flower culprit, I decided that I wanted a nap. So, I took one, and it was GREAT! I love naps! When I woke up I was told to get my stuff and come. Hyrum, Sarah, Jessica, and Don were all standing outside my door ready to take me to dinner. Steve later joined us. We went to Olive Garden and had a jolly ol time. Hyrum was kind enough to pick up my tab. As soon as I got back, everyone just disappeared. I was confused because I thought that we were all going to watch The Bachelor Season Finale (totally lame by the way). I was standing in the living room when the door opened and in walked this mass of balloons with a head. Scott exclaimed, "We're the balloon parade!" In walked my FHE group with balloons tied all over there bodies. It was so awesome!!
Then Hyrum came walking in with a Michael Phelps cake! Apparently I have an obsession with Michael Phelps' abs so they made me a cake with him swimming towards me!
After being sung to and I made a wish, it was time for presents! I really wasn't expecting anything but I got so much. I got a birthday card and $10.00 from Mom and Dad, Body Spray from Kelsey, A cowboy hat from Don, I get to go to California with Laura, flowers, dinner, my home teacher baked me an apple pie and I got this shirt from Hyrum. It was such a good day!
I am so excited to say that I am no longer a teenager! I survived those days and actually quite enjoyed them. I learned a ton and had great friends to get my through, but I am excited for adulthood! Bring it on!

Here is a look at the past year!

3 days after my 19th birthday Jimmy left on his mission
I moved back home for the summer

I took a road trip to Washington to visit some friends
I moved back to BYU with my old buddies and met new ones


I chopped 12 inches off my hair and donated it to locks of love
Had and eventful Christmas break full of fun family time


I went to Arizona for a friends wedding. It was my first time as a bridesmaid.
Spent time with the cutest kids ever
And of course, rediscovered who I am and what direction I am heading in life ( for now)

I'm excited what this next year has to offer!

Thanks to everyone who made my year great. Love you all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure had a great birthday and an awesome year. I was waiting to find out who gave you the flowers. Did you ever find out?

I love you.

Anonymous said...

I like your new background

Saving Grace said...

Oh yes, I forget to say, It was from Hyrum, Scott and Steve! Sweet guys

Jenni said...

I'm such a bad sister-in-law. I don't have everyones birthdays memorized yet. LOL So happy LATE birthday Grace!!! You have the bestest friends in the world, that is amazing all that they did for you. So awesome! I have to say that I love that last picture of you, your red hair with the orange shirt looks so good together.

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention that I got a itunes gift card from Sarah and cupcakes with Kung Fu Panda rings on them from Kristi, Haini, Marley, and Sitani!

Kaylene said...

You're so positive I just love it! Glad you had a great year!

Dalynn said...

Yeah - I'm glad you had a great one. That balloon thing was such an awesome idea. It was so wonderful to see you on Saturday to celebrate together. I've always thought of you as an adult, how funny...