Monday, March 16, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

Greetings from Viva Las Vegas

Well I'm actually back in Provo now but here is a summary of the best weekend ever.

My friend Scott invited me to go home with him to Vegas for a weekend while he went to a friends wedding. Of course I said, " HECK YES!" Friday after work, we loaded up "Bruce" his car ( I named it) and headed to Vegas... for the weekend...for a wedding. That sounds so cool!


As my roadtrip tradition has it, there must be powdered donuts and peachie-o's.

Meet Scott and his powdered donut...

Next exhibit, we will see Grace as she attempts to eat her powdered donut...

Not so graceful. But speaking of graceful, stay tuned to see Grace at her finest

After about 6 hours of driving, we made it to his house. His dad made us some scrumptious dinner and then informed us about that Extreme Makeover Home Edition was being filmed down the street and he had some connections and we could go check it out.

So we did
We met up with his friend Chris and his girlfriend Katy. They were a lot of fun!

Then we hiked up Lone Mountain to get a great view of Vegas


This is Scott and I after we conquered the mountain with out bare hands. I only fell twice :)

After an invigorating hike we decided that Slurpees sounded rather refreshing,

but that wasn't enough. We needed Sonic!

The next morning we got up bright and early and headed to the Vegas Temple so Scott could go to his friends sealing. I stayed outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather and scenery.


I seriously fell in love with that temple. I've never seen it before but I think it's is definitely one of my new favorites!!


Here we are just being silly


After the wedding, we went out to eat at Cici's pizza buffet with Scott's little brother Brett. That was followed by a nice nap and then the reception. At the reception, they had this photo booth that all the guest took pictures in. That is now a requirement for my wedding!!


After the reception it was time to hit the strip, well about as much of it as we wanted to


In the morning, we headed back to Provo but that didn't mean our adventures ended there. Here is a look at the rest of the trip





It was a fun trip! Thanks Scott for inviting me!

Oh I almost forgot, there is a video of me playing in F A O Schwartz on a rip stick. I think it pretty much sums up me in about 18 seconds.

Ok so I'll have to upload the video later but it's one my facebook profile if you want to see it...

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

OH MY GOSH THAT SOUNDS SOOOOOOOO FUNNNNN! YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT IT IN PERSON! I WOULD HAVE BEEN ENTHRALLED, WHAT AM I SAYING I AM ENTHRALLED NOW. OH GRACE. GRACE, GRACE, GRACIE GRACE. YOU AND VEGAS. SHOULD'VE KNOWN.

Alyssa said...

i love you. and that video is pretty amazing. you make me smile....a lot :)

Anonymous said...

I think i enjoyed your trip just as much as you did. Everytime i read you blog i can't help smiling. That is why your my favorite.

PS My i just say "SCOTT IS SO HOT!" Hehehehe Love ya

Anonymous said...

PPS. I just finished reading your blog and James walked into the room. I told him that you went to Vegas with a boy and he asked "Did they get married or do they need too?" I thought that was pretty funny. Love ya some more

Jenni said...

Hahah I just read Elizabeth's comment and thought the same thing James did. When you said you were heading to Vegas for a wedding, the first thing that popped into my head was "Are they getting hitched?"LOL of course I'm kidding.

Okay you two had WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!!! Grace you crack me up. And yeah Scott is super cute, you need to getchaself summa that. Hahahahahaahahaa.

Will Thomas said...

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! Looks like a fun college road trip. That's what college is for: Road Trips!!! Glad you are making the most of it!!

Unknown said...

Okay... I've been waiting to hear about this trip but I guess the pictures tell it all. How many crazy pictures can you take- Girl. Seriously, for a second I thought that was Haini in that Rasta-Man hat. Hahaha. that was a joke. Sounds like fun...Looks like fun and don't ever take a picture of your mouth eating powdered donuts again and in the words of one of my favorite students "YoOOO Crazy WoooMAN."