Seth came down to hang out with me for the conference weekend. It was a lot of fun to have him around and meet all my friends. When he met my FHE brothers, I introduced him as my brother. He quickly became known as "Brother." They would say "Brother, what do you want for lunch" or "Where is Brother." Seth has always been a great big brother to me. I've always looked up to him and I constantly seek his approval and advice. I'm so glad that he was able to come down and meet my friends and spend time with his little sister. I love that kid so much!! Thanks Seth for the example you are to me and those you associate with. LOVE YA BROTHER!
Thoughts from the mind of Grace
Thoughts from the mind of GraceLately I've been feeling like I am not special or unique. I tend to focus on all the things I can't do. I found that once I starting nit picking my little imperfections, I was bombarded with negative thoughts about who I am. After some chats, letters, and just good friend/family I've decided it needs to stop. I will not allow Satan to convience me that I am anything other that what I really am, I daughter of God. So for my sake, here is a list of somethings that I love about self.
A really amazing person once told me that every time I think something negative about myself just say, " I am not". It may not be much but I'm slowly working on it. I've said this time and time again but probably 99% of who I am is because of the people in my life. I love people and the things they can teach you. I want to take a minute and thank a few people who are highly regarded in my life. This list isn't complete by any means but just a few of the people in my life that have influenced me in ways never expected. Mom, Seth, Chantelle, Lauren, Scott, Jimmy, Alisha, Kelsey. Thanks!!
"One of the greatest challenges is to overcome the feeling that we are unimportant, that we are not special and unique. Do you think for a moment that Heavenly Father would have sent one of His children to this earth by accident, without the possiblity of a significant work to perform? ... My dear friends, you are a royal generation. You were preserved to come to the earth in this time for a special purpose. Not just a few of you, but all of you. There are things for each of you to do that no one else can do as well as you. If you do not prepare to do them, they will not be done. Your mission is unique and distinctive for you. Please don't make another have to take your place. He or she can't do it as well as you can. If you will let Him, I testify that our Father in Heaven will walk with you through the journey of life and inspire you to know your special purpose here." -Bishop H. Burke Peterson
- I am usually sincerely happy
- I am great at communicating with others
- I love how I love helping people
- I consider myself to be the type of friend that I would want to have
- I love to have fun
- I have a strong testimony of the gospel
A really amazing person once told me that every time I think something negative about myself just say, " I am not". It may not be much but I'm slowly working on it. I've said this time and time again but probably 99% of who I am is because of the people in my life. I love people and the things they can teach you. I want to take a minute and thank a few people who are highly regarded in my life. This list isn't complete by any means but just a few of the people in my life that have influenced me in ways never expected. Mom, Seth, Chantelle, Lauren, Scott, Jimmy, Alisha, Kelsey. Thanks!!
"One of the greatest challenges is to overcome the feeling that we are unimportant, that we are not special and unique. Do you think for a moment that Heavenly Father would have sent one of His children to this earth by accident, without the possiblity of a significant work to perform? ... My dear friends, you are a royal generation. You were preserved to come to the earth in this time for a special purpose. Not just a few of you, but all of you. There are things for each of you to do that no one else can do as well as you. If you do not prepare to do them, they will not be done. Your mission is unique and distinctive for you. Please don't make another have to take your place. He or she can't do it as well as you can. If you will let Him, I testify that our Father in Heaven will walk with you through the journey of life and inspire you to know your special purpose here." -Bishop H. Burke Peterson
8 comments:
I love Seth. He is a cool brother.
I love you, Grace. You are truly one of my best friends and I look up to you a lot. Not just in Size but in spirit and body. You saved me in High school. There is no way I would have made it without you and Alisha to go on girl dates with me when High school sucked. hehehe
You are the coolest auntie to so many little nieces and nephews and I know so many people love you.
Way to go Grace.
You and Seth both had a good visit because you both had the best that could be given.
I hope you both remember the good times because they are many. Especially with that super mother of yours.
I think Alisha said it for both of us, "I made that list?" Wow~ :)
You are the amazing one!
grace! you ARE special! Even when we fight like an old married couple the specialness is shining through, boo yah!
Grace just think of the fine Mother and Brothers and Sisters you have and I am sure things will be OK. for you.
Wow. that was inspiring. I am not fat but I am phat!!! hahaha. It was SOOOOO good to see Seth too. You are supper goood at all those things and I love the way you are sincerely happy too and you are a good friend and did I just write supper. hmmm. k I gotta go. jajajaja (that is spanish for hahahah). :)
I love you Grace and think you are amazing! I have always thought if we lived closer we would be buds :) Hee hee. maybe someday we can be buds. But for now I shall just admire you from afar.
I thought you were going to say you aren't very good at knitting and then I finished the sentance- nit picking. I was like, hey, it's okay. Not all of us are meant to knit in this life.
Being genuine is great and being genuinely happy is way cool. You have many gifts Grace.
On my mission I started reading my patriarchal blessing every morning before reading my scriptures. I did it for a few weeks. During the day the Spirit would teach me something about myself. I have most of it memorized now and it's always neat when the Spirit can guide my wandering thoughts back to those words. You have an incredible blessing if I remember. There's so much we've yet to discover about ourselves.
Post a Comment