Thursday, January 14, 2010

3 awesome quotes

I came across 3 quotes today that I just had to share!

The first comes from a talk give by Neal A Maxwell entitled The Voice of the Lord 
" How can we not help but see Jesus Christ as our omnipotent Lord but also as our eternal friend- a friend who levels with us about what lies ahead."

The next two come the The Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual and were said by George Q Cannon
"It is true that some have greater power of resistance than others, but everyone has the power to close his heart against doubt, against darkness, against unbelief, against against hatred, against jealousy, against malice, against envy. God has given this power to unto all of us, and we can gain still greater power by calling upon Him for that which we lack."

I particularly love this last one because I feel like the last month or so I have been so ridiculously happy. It's not because everything is going my way and I am on top of the world. In fact, it's quite the opposite but I have feltl so peaceful and happy. 

" When we are filled with the Spirit of God, we are filled with joy, with peace and with happiness no matter what our circumstances may be; for it is a spirit of cheerfulness and of happiness."

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I believe that sometimes you earn the blessing of peace. You certainly deserve it.

Unknown said...

I love it. We choose what we can become - PRes Monson whether that is happy or sad. Thanks grace

Dan Thomas said...

Maxwell is one of my favorite pleople to Quate.

Anonymous said...

I really like the first one. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica Judy said...

thank you so much for sharing, those are great