Saturday, January 9, 2010

Adventures

So right now I am really craving an adventure.

I want to call up an old friend, get in my car and just drive.
I want to put my feet on the dashboard and listen to Regina Spektor and John Mayer.
I want to stick my hand out the window and penny surf.
I want to drive in circles around the round about, then drive in a beautiful canyon.
I want to engage in meaningless conversation that makes me laugh so hard we have to stop at the nearest gas station so I can use the little girls room.
I want to go so far that we have to eat the homemade peanut butter and honey sandwiches we made just in case.
I want to find an old abandoned shack, and explore it.
I want to lay in the middle of a huge field and discuss all my hopes and fears.
I want to drive to the edge of a cliff and throw rocks off just to listen to them hit the ground.
I want to wrap up in my green blanket and sit on the hood of my car while counting as many stars as I see.
Now all I need is someone to go with me.

6 comments:

Seth Thomas said...

I'll come... we'll hop a boxcar to the east.

Dalynn said...

Definitely come to the East. I'm looking for a completely nonessential drive out to the coast and a walk on the frozen sand.

Dan Thomas said...

I wish I could come with you.

Sandy said...

Dad and I will be right there. I'll bring the sandwiches.

Tessha said...

Grace, did you write this?

Please save a copy for your family history. It's a perfect picture and expression of you. It makes me want to pull out Grandpa Thomas poetry again.

Anonymous said...

I think a trip back east sounds fun. We'll drive to Utah and carpool together.