I've been thinking a lot about my mission and tend to get myself worked up on the the details. One specific thing was that I feel inadequate. It's a scary thought to preach the gospel and I was/am worried that I am not prepared enough. Then I read this...
D&C 133:59
And by the weak things of the earth the Lord shall athrash the nations by the power of his Spirit.
Seriously how COOL is that!! I love the verb "thrash." It's by the weak things, and by that I mean me that through the spirit, the Lord with thrash the nations. The student manuel explains what it means to thrash.
“This expression [thrash or thresh the nations] is found in Habakkuk 3:12 . Threshing, in olden times, was done by treading out the grain on a threshing-floor. The going forth of the messengers of the gospel among the nations is like trampling the wheat sheaves on the hard floor. The valuable kernels are carefully gathered up; the straw is left.” (Smith and Sjodahl, Commentary, p. 186.)
I think this is so awesome!! I am so excited to be a part of this. Quick update on the paper status. Things are coming along. I have my dentist and doctor appointment tomorrow and then after that I just have my stake president interview, which by the way is President Monsons son.
6 comments:
Wicked! I loved this blog! I had one of those "insert name here" moments just yesterday, and I too wrote about it on my blog... we must be friends or something lol. I am so excited that you are doing your mission papers you will be one of the best missionaries! If you don't believe me then let me remind you,, You remember our good friend Cameron don't you??? lol you taught him sooo much and you answered all of his questions that he had while I just was sitting there listening to your tapes of the ensign you let me borrow for my class. I was sitting there listening to you and Cam more then I was with my homework assignment! I was impressed with how you knew so much of the gospel and how you could easily answer any questions he threw at you! I KNOW let me repeat that I KNOW that you will be a GREAT missionary!!!!
Dido!! You will be fantastic and the Lord will use your strengths. Remember, it is His plan, His work and His glory and you are His servant!! You are amazing. I wish I were younger so I could be one of your companions@! Now, that would be fun.
I love the scriptures.
I had one of those experiences the other day while reading the 124th section of the Doctrine and Covenants... but that's probably mostly because the Lord addresses William Law as, "My servant William," several times. :D
You thrash girl.
Post a Comment