Besides that fact that you should always wash your hands after you go to the bathroom, doing so in public places is almost more important for the mere fact you never know who is watching.
I routinely washed my hands in the Wilkenson Student Center bathroom this afternoon giving no though to the other women around me. It wasn't until two nicely dressed women started commenting on the really cool automatic hand dryers that I payed them any attention. I added my peanut gallery comment on how cool the were and proceeded out the door behind them.
To much surprise, the lady I was so casually discussing the pure amazingness of a hand dryer with so happened to be President Uchtdorfs wife. As I stopped outside there was President Uchtdorf so patiently waiting for his wife. It took me a second to register who was standing right in front of me and by the time I realized it was him, I began running through my head all the things I should do. Do I say hi? Do I completely ignore him? Do I ask for an autograph? Do I ask him if he has looked at my mission papers yet and could he please send me to .....( fill in the blank)? Do I awkwardly try to take a picture of him with my cell phone so I could send out a mass picture message to prove that I saw him?
As all these thoughts were running through my head I some how managed to get between him and his wife. Oh dear! I can't do that. So I tried to move out of the way so that he could walk by his wife and some how in the process of it all, he stopped and I continued to keep walking... right into him. That's ran I ran into an apostle of the Lord; I literally RAN into him. As someone told me I guess it was better than I ran into him than over him :) ... Yikes that'd be bad. I looked up and quickly apologized and he sweetly replied "No problem" (said in his german accident) He then continued walking and so did I. Needless to say, I am glad I washed my hands :)
8 comments:
i don't believe you. The only way I would believe you is if you'd sent me a mass picture text. too bad :)
I'm with Kelsey except that I could hear the excitment in your voice when you called seconds after hitting him. I'm thinking you made out good because it would have been more like you to fall down right in front of him. You must be getting better at walking.
Gut gemacht!!
Gut gemacht!!
LOL Grace...you crack me up!
What a story. Now you will always have a good story to tell your children when they are washing their hands.
Awkward, but a funny "run in."
Wow. think if you didn't wash your hands and then you touched his jacket. Would you feel horrible? EWWW!
Post a Comment