Hello everyone!!
Oh my goodness this little timer is ticking away and it's making me so nervous. I have so much I want to say but I have like no time!! Ah.
For starters thanks for all the emails and letters!! Seriously it's the best. It's like candy at a fat mans weight loss camp. I don't have time to email people back so letters would be preferred.
Sounds like the family is doing well.
Laura: Tell Jace I said hello and I'll be back soon, hopefully he'll be out of the wonder pets stage by then. I'm sad I missed you too! I felt a little rushed with the whole goodbye thing. And if you know of a way to send me a little luggage thing I could use as a carry on, that would save me money since my suitcases are overweight. If you can't get the in, that's fine. I stopped by to say hi to Nate but he wasn't there but I talked to someone who knew you.
Will: Thanks for the letter! Yours was one of the first ones I got. Unfortuntaley I will be on a bike so I'll have some nice legs when I get back. I loved the idea of having weather training in the MTC! :) Also I would love to see Prestons scribbles! I'll take any mail I can get. Good luck Jenni with everything. Tell me all about my new nephew.
Daniel: Well I love "spirit prison" so far, glad I'm only here for 3 weeks though. And thanks to Will my last kiss was from a huge buffalo so I think I'm ok with kisses for now, I could go for a whoppper though, actually a frosty... yum!!
Kristi: Thanks so much for the MTC survival kit!! The sweddish fish has been a life saver for the sisters. And I love the jumper. Send more, just a little smaller in the chest area :) Tell the kiddos I said hello. I sure miss them.
Tessha: Sister Fox and I are companions!!!!!! So... we would love our package of care and Sister Fox says it needs to come with extra care. :) By the way, she absolutely loves you.
Elizabeth: Thanks for the scripture. I liked that. We actually had to do a tracting practice where we had to get missionares to commit to journal writing so that was perfect.
Alisha: Good job on all those applications! I am so proud of you. How do you like living on your own.
Well so the first week has been SO awesome!! With in minutes of being dropped off I ran in to Elder Pister aka Stephens little brother. Then shortly after that I saw like 5 people from my ward and a lot of freshman friends. I am adjusting to the food nicely. It's weird being on the otherside since I used to work in the cafeteria but I'm doing ok with it. Sister Fox and I wake up early to go to a workout class for the sisters. It's so fun. We do yoga and kickboxing and pilates. There is nothing like kickboxing to techno hymns!! I couldn't help but laugh. I don't think the others sisters appreciated my lack of seriousness with the exercise routine but oh well I had fun. It feels more like missionary boot camp.
I've been called as the cordinating sister for our zone. It's been nice but keeps me really busy. I get to welcome all the new sisters coming in today and do their orientation. Ironic considering that I've only been here a week. My district is way awesome. We are all really close. Most of us are going to Florida so that'll be fun to be with them in the field. Two sisters are going to the IF vistor center so stop by and look for them S. Lander and S. Haskins.
I've earned the reputation of having the Sister Thomas throwdown when it comes to the scriptures. I am not sure what that means but they said it's a good thing.
For the 4th of July we watched this reallly boring play but then they let us out to watch the fireworks, And by out I mean next to the fence. That was nice. All the missionaries started singing songs, it was pretty cool.
Ah, I feel like there is so much more that I want to say but I'm forgetting everything now... and the time is ticking.... ah....
I've taken some sweet pictures that I'll print off and send to mom. If she can scan them and add them to the blog you all can see.
Mom if you haven't sent off my bedding yet will you throw in my plaid shoes. I really miss them, I think we are having withdrawls.
The spirit is so strong here. I'm learning a ton but have so much more to learn!! I have all these quotes and scriptures that I want to share but they are back in my room and I can't remember what ones they are. Next week I'll be more spiritually enlightening!
I'm so happy here and am loving the decision to serve a mission! Thanks everyone for all your wonderful examples and helping me prepare. I fell like I'm been preparing all my life for this and it's not that different from what I've been doing.
Roommates if you are reading I miss you guys and you should write me and tell me all the happenings in your life! And Karisa you need to calm down girl! :)
Hope all is well. Thanks for the support and letters. Keep em coming!!
I love you!!
4 comments:
Gracie, you are so fun and Elizabeth, you did a great job getting this posted so quickly. Maybe that's why Grace asked you to do it. :-)
Hurray for the first letter.
Tomorrow i'm going to buy some stamps and start writing you a letter. Have fun.
Hopefully you have gotten your care package from Sitani, Marley and me. They sent you some art work and I sent some "missionary" earrings, but if you don't think you'd wear them, maybe Sister Foxy will. Tell her hi, we love her and pray for all the missionaries.
Grace, If you have a minute I need you to get online and get your last transcrpt at BYU so I can turn it in on the car insurance for that deduction. Mom has already tld you but I also need a copy of your drvers license or all of our policies will be cancelled.
Post a Comment