Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm on spiritual steroids!

Hello again!
Thanks everyone for the letters. I love hearing from you all and what you've been up to. Seriously keep em coming because like I've said before I love them! I can't check out the blogs so if you want to send me pictures or anything it's got to be through email and letters. So much has happened this week!! First off July 9th was the best day of my life!!! The church announced that Sister missionaries no longer have to wear nylons... I'll repeat it for those who are still in shock as was I. SISTER MISSIONARIES NO LONGER HAVE TO WEAR NYLONS!!! And the skirts don't have to be mid calf just as long as they cover your knees when sitting. Apparently one of the apostles saw some sisters and he said it looked like they just walked out of a pologimist camp. So with the being said Sister Fox and I immediately began ripping and I mean literally rippibng off out nylons. We have a saying we said everynight, "Nylons, you are OUTTA here!!" We both said that at the same time as we began ripping them off. I took pictures so I'll send those along.
The other day I was sitting at lunch and out of no where my cup exploded!! It seriously shattered all over my tray. I think it was trying to spotaniously combust! That or the cafeteria workers didn't like me so they stuck a bomb in my cup and I was just trying to drink my apple juice! I just sat there and laughed like did that really happen?!
I mentioned last week that I had been called as the Cordinating Sister. Well last week I got to welcome 4 new sisters into our zone. I had a list of the girls so I started praying for them before they came and when I met  them, I was overwhelmed with love. We began doing zone prayer every night and we spotlight a girl. The first night we did it, everyone was in tears because the spirit was so strong. I am so surprised at how much love I have for them and it's only been a week. We don't get any new sisters this weeks.
Oh and so funny story. Apparently there is an Elder Graham Thomas who has been getting my mail on dear elder and I have been getting his mail. His girlfriend and I quote " Love, love love love loves him" :) I flat out told him I read his mail and he said he had done the same. So everytime we run into each other we swap mail. It's been pretty funny especially since he only knows how to say Si in spanish and everything else is in english.
On Sunday Elder Oaks daughter came and did a musical fireside. It was SO awesome but I kept thinking that they needed to bring in Jenni to play her music and it'd be a lot cooler. By the way, how is Jenni doing? Baby yet? Anyway Elder Oaks was there and those missionaries were pushing and shoving to see an apostle. It was weird. Then after my district was sitting in the front and he drove by in his car, rolled down the window and started talking to us. It was very short but just a "Hey Elders and Sisters. Good Speed!" We all waved and acted like we had just seen the president of the US.
One of my favorite things about the MTC is when we get to teach at the TRC. We've been teaching this lady who her husband just passed away. Of course they really are members pretending to be investigators but it feels so real. So we were teaching Gloria about the spirit world and how here husband is there being taught the gospel she began to cry. I was thinking , "man grandma has got some acting skills" we continued on with the lesson and she committed to be baptized. After we were teaching she told S. Fox and I to read Joshua 1:9 pg 309. (read it) and then she asked us where we were going. She then began to tell us that everything she had said was real and her husband had recently passed away. She said that we had changed her life and were going to be amazing missionaries! By this time we were all crying and hugging and oh my gosh, this is why I am here! I can't wait to work with the people and bring them closer to Christ. I don't want to sit in a classroom and learn about how to listen but I want to teach them and experience the changes in their life. I love missionary work and I haven't really even done it.
I fly out to Florida Monday morning. We leave here at 4 am and we've been told we can make phone calls in the airport so Mom I will call you around 7 in the morning. I won't be able to check my email before that so I'll just plan on that and leave a message if I have to.
Well my time is almost up but I want you to know that I know this gospel is true. I love missionary work and I can't wait to get going. Thanks for all your support and letters. Sorry I can't write back each of you indivudually but know I am thinking of you.
Love
Sister Thomas
P.S. I am making it a goal that I will be optimistic and enthusastic about the gospel and missionary work throughout my mission. If I am  down and being a little poop, remind me of my goal k, thanks
" Optimism is more than a gift to your self, but a gift to those around you." - Music and the spoken word July 11 2010
Oh and happy birthday to everyone!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Elizabeth, you are so good at posting blogs so quickly. Do you want to do mine? They just go back April. Please?