Well I survived another week! I now offically have bug bites, biker butt, tracting tan lines, prayer paralysize (my knees are sore from praying), and baptismal blessing! And good news, my faminine in the mail box has finally come to a close after two weeks. So thank you!!
What a week it has been. I tell you, this whole roller coaster of a mission things is kind of crazy. Last week we had training meetings from 9-4 Tuesday-Thursday. It was only for the trainers and zone leaders but because I didn't have another sister to go on exchanges with I got to attend. It was really informative and the spirit was really strong but it was difficult being the only person who had only been out a week where everyone else was talking about when they get home. Kinda put me in a funk but I am feeling better now.
On Saturday I experienced my first baptism. It was really neat. I think this was the first time in my life that I attended a baptism that wasn't for an 8 year old. My whole ward here are basically all converts. It's so fun! I am used to Utah and Idaho where everyone lives by the culture of the church but it's so different down here and I love it! The baptism was wonderful and it was there that I realized how important missionary work is. I've always had a testimony of it and would get goosepimples when ever I heard called to serve and thought of all my wonderful friends and family who served missions but until you personally experience it, you have no idea how great it is and what a responsibility we have to share the gospel. It's really overwhelming to me when I wake up every morning and know the responsibility that I hold. I know that I can't do it with out the help of the savior.
As I mentioned earlier in the email, I struggled a little bit this week with being homesick. As I started thinking about why I decided to serve a mission my main reason was that I wanted to. I had a desire to serve and the Lord said, "do you really want to do this?" and I confidently responded, "Yes!" I put on hold a lot of wonderful things in my life because I had a desire to serve. The last two weeks I've realized just what that means to serve with the Lord with all your heart might mind and strength and it's a little overwhleming. I love how the Lord is humbling me so that he can make me the missionary that he needs/knows I can be. I am so excited for the upcoming months to watch how I grow and the experiences that I am blessed to have because of my desire to serve. But I have also learned how much my family means to me and how much I value their support and friendship. I have to say, we have the best family in the world and I love all my brothers and sisters so much. Thanks mom and dad for everything you did to raise us the way you did. If only I can be half as amazing as you are, I think my kids will be set. So the plead and thanks comes out from a sincere sister missionary who loves her family and serving the Lord, please keep in touch. I need the support and encouragement. Thank you so much for everybody already who has sent letters and packages. It means the world to me knowing that I have people back home who love and support me.
My testimony of the gospel is increasing everyday. I think this week, I really learned about prayer. It's something I understand but the more I do it, the more I understand the need for it. It is such a wonderful blessing from our loving Father in heaven to be able to talk to him whenever, where ever. I know I teach the gospel, the more I think, "man this just makes sense! How could you not believe it's true."
I love it here! I love the people! I love the weather! I love the gospel! I love the experiences! I love my life!
Oh and funny story. So last night there was a huge lightning storm and we just hopped into bed. I peaked out the blinds to watch and made a comment to Sister Broderick about how I would lay back down to bed after one more strike considering it was after 10:30. Then I jokingly made a comment about being struck by lightening for not being in bed by 10:30. Immediately after this HUGE HUGE HUGE bolt of lightening lite up the sky and both Sister Broderick and I started screaming and then laughing so hard we were crying. Needless to say I went right to bed :) I think the Lord has a sense of humor.
Anyway I better go but I love you all! I really do! Hope all is well and I can't wait to hear from ya'll.
Love
Sister Thomas
P.S I saw my first gator! Scary little beasts!








3 comments:
Grace has asked me to e-mail her all of the comments on her blog since she can't check the blog. So please leave a message letting her know you stopped by to read her blog.
I stopped by! Thanks for doing the blog for her and for sending her the comments. How smart are you!
Dear Sister Thomas,
The pictures also were very nice!
Post a Comment