You all know me as the girl who won't shut up but I call it pondering out loud well the other day when out tracting someone asked me if I was my companions bodygaurd. I think I need to talk more!
I get really nervous talking to people ( weird I know) but once I get talking, I get talking lol. I love sharing the gospel with everybody. I love just listening to them tell me about their beliefs in God and Jesus Christ and then being able to testify! So cool. I meet so many awesome people. I forgot to tell you about this guy a couple weeks ago who gave me a copy of his Koran in Arabic. It was so cool!! I can't read it but it looks cool. I sent a picture home about it. As we're teaching the people, I can feel how much God loves ALL his children. It's a little overwhleming hearing about all the trials that they are going through. Some people have it hard! I've got nothing to complain about. It's so amazing to see as they turn their live towards Christ how they really do have a greater strength to overcome their trials.
Last monday we were biking along and all of the sudden it started POURING!! You can see this wall of water heading towards you and as I am biking along in my skirt all you can do is brace yourself and keep pedeling into it. With in seconds, there was not a dry spot on my body. It felt so good because it was ridulously hot and humid. I just starting laughing as I am biking in this down pour in the wind, my skirt. I starting singing Called to Serve and my companion joined in. We were just waving at everyone and laughing and smiling. IT WAS SO FUN!!! Puts a whole new perspective on "onward ever onward as we glory in his name." That had to have been my favorite moment so far. How cool it is that I have been called of God to share his message! I am part of his army. We're not riding in on tanks but a bike and skirt in the pouring rain. I love it!. I love being a missionary!
It's been really stormy lately so we've had a lot of great down pours and I love the rain!! It's so refreshing and cleansing!
Sometimes when we are teaching to an investigator and the spirit is really strong I imagine this dramatic cheesy music starting to play. Maybe I am just weird or maybe it's because that's what I do, I edit movies, add music and so forth or maybe it's from all those training videos they show you in the MTC where the music starts playing as they investigator feels the spirit but how cool would that be. Ha! I am weird. Ok, well I got to get back to work but thanks again for all your love and support.
Hope all is well!
or as they say in the south..
"Have a blessed day ya'll, you here me!"
Love Sister Grace Thomas
3 comments:
I can just imagine you "Singing in the Rain".
You are such a goon!
As long as it's not some suspense music I think it's ok.
Post a Comment