Have you ever been to Florida in October? I have! It's beautiful!!! The weather is perfect! Oh I am in heaven. I am pretty sure heaven looks something like Florida especially when the sun is rising or setting and the palm trees everywhere, yeah pretty sure.
So this morning started out weird. Well I woke up from the weirdest dream. My entire family came to visit me on my mission. They said they were "in town" and thought they'd stop by. You know you're a missionary when your dreams have some sort of normal life mixed into your mission life and you always have a companion with you. I have tracked and taught many lessons in my dreams but mostly to people from back home. It's always entertaining! So I woke up and we started doing our laundry except the washer broke and the laundry mat was closed so we decided that I guess we'd have to start washing them in the tub. I was getting excited because you're not a real missionary until you washed your clothes by hand right? Well we realized we didn't have a washboard to make sure they were clean. I volunteered my abs but my companions just laughed at me :) Any to make a long story short, we found a washer. Anyway I'll stop rambling on about menial things. I've got so much to share about this week!
Well for starters, I cut my hair.... SHORT!! I look like a boy. It's a good thing I wear a skirt or I might get confused as an Elder. Ok just kidding, it's not that short but it is short. I like it though. It's nice to have it off my neck.
So let’s talk about conference... A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! Um, ya enough said. Moving on.
Just kidding. Seriously though conference is amazing especially as a missionary. Even better when the Prophet gets up and straight up tell people to go on missions! I really enjoy Elder Holland’s talk as well as Pres. Eyring and Uchctdorf. It was all so uplifting. I greatly enjoyed President Monson's talk on gratitude! It was so refreshing because really life is really wonderful. We have so much to be grateful for and look forward to. I love my life!
Well I think I am just going to send a bunch of pictures this week because honestly that's the best way I can describe what's up in my life right now. Besides no one really wants to read huge emails anyway.
Before I go I want to take the advice from our beloved Prophet and take the time to say "Thank You." Thank you Mom and Dad for making the gospel the first priority in our home. Thank you Dad and brothers for always honoring and respecting your priesthood. Because of your example I WILL have a worthy priesthood holder in my home. Thank you Sisters for your wonderful example of righteous women who work hard and love life. You understand the importance of faithful and righteous women in the world and your example means the world to me. Thank you Young Women’s leaders, Bishops, and home teachers who have enriched my life and blessed my family. Thanks you friends who have stood by my side and encouraged me. Thank you for your patience, your kindness, your correction, and your love. Thank you to all those who are supporting me on my mission! Thank you nieces and nephews for your innocent and peaceful prayers on my behalf. Thank you for the letters, the letters, the advice, the friendship, and the laughs. I love you!
Love
Sister Thomas







2 comments:
I love the hair cut. It's gotta feel lots better in the humidity.
Cute girl!!!
Yes, Life is beautiful!
Post a Comment