Monday, October 11, 2010

I found a dead cat on the side of the road...






For those of you who know where the title of the my email comes from, feel free to laugh. If you don't, well sorry it sounds a little weird but I do have a purpose for saying it.
 
About the only exciting thing that happened this week was our service project where we cleaned trash of the side of the road. Have you ever cleaned the road up in Florida. I have and you can find some interesting things. Probably the most exciting part of if all was the fact that I rode my bike in.... PANTS!... Talk about the best feeling ever! Who would have thought I would love something so simple. We filled up a bunch of trash bags and I felt so cool as with my name tag and my BYU shirt waving at people on the side of the highway. Yes, I am that cool. :)
 
Also I thought I'd through out a little information in case some of you were questioning how the work was coming along. If you haven't noticed I don't really talk much about the people we are working with, not because I don't want to but because since my emails are going on my blog and anybody can read them, for my investigators sake I will not be telling the world about them. Just know that I am working with some of the coolest people ever. The work is coming along and it's amazing to watch people change their entire life around when they hear about the restored gospel. I think a lot of times people are just like "why don't you just get baptized already" but the truth is they're changing everything in their life. That's a big thing. I have the upmost respect for any convert in the church. I think I was born in to the gospel because I am too stubborn to accept it otherwise. If you have questions about the tyope of people I am working with, baptisms or any other thing, feel free to send me a letter. I would be more then happy to share some of the neat stories of some of my new best  friends.
 
Ok so here is something funny. I love funny things so that's what I write about. As a missionary, you pray a lot and I mean a lot. Prayer is something  I've been studying and pondering a lot about since I've been on my mission. I would get a little frustrated because we'd pray and then like 20 minutes later we're praying for the same thing. I don't want my prayers to become repetitive because that really bugs me. So I've been trying to be "creative" yet still sincere about what I pray for. Well, I am not perfect and considering everything I've had a few pray bloopers. Some of which make me laugh so I thought I'd share them.
 
" We are grateful that Tina ( name changed) is giving away her black tea to her friends."
     Well we are grateful she is getting rid of it and living the word of wisdom, I just think it's  funny that were are happy she is giving it to other people.
 
"We ask that the care will proper functionally"
 
" Please help that we will be expired during conference"
       whoops meant to say "inspired" not expired
 
" please help that she will be able to maintain help and strength from the adversary"
        I am not sure how I messed that one up so bad but I was trying to say that she has been about to resist the adversary
 
Anyway just a little sidenote. Holy cow I am out of time, snap... um well... Life is going well. I love being a missionary especially here in Florida. I am so grateful for prayer, the ability that I can communicate with my Father in Heaven anytime anywhere. I'll talk more about that someother time because I've got lots of cool thoughts on that. Anyway I got to get running but I love you all. Oh and what the heck Scott, you're engaged?!!? Congratz. That a letter coming your way!
 
Love Sister Thomas
 
 
Oh I forgot to mention transfers. I am staying here in New Tampa with Sister Lane! I am so excited!! That means I'll be here through the new area because she goes home in November and so I'll take over the area the following transer so keep sending me mail. Lots of it :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your letters. I'll need to send you a letter with some of Gwenevere's new prayers lately. She doesn't say a lot but what she does say is so cute.

Sandy said...

I hope we don't have to analysis ours prayers or I'm in a lot of trouble.

Dan Thomas said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that has a hard time praying many times a day.