B as in Birthday Boba's with Barbara, a Boo-tacular Halloween, Barber Shop, billions of blessings and BAPTISMS!!
Let's start back at the "B"eginning. Ha!
Monday was Barbara's birthday so we celebrated with a Boba drink. It's like a smoothie with these boba balls in the bottom. ( wow this B alliteration is really taking off :) I got a strawberry/raspberry kumquat. What is a kumquat? What is boba for that matter?! Any it was delicious. Barbara is doing fantastic! She is getting baptized next Saturaday and I am just about so excited I could pee my pants. Sorry that wasn't really missionary appropiate but I am that happy. We've been working with her since August so it's finally here.
Tuesday was just a weird day. Everything went wrong. When I say everything, I mean everything. Not one thing went according to plan. About 9:30 when I was about to crawl into bed and just call it a day we got a call from this man in our ward saying that a lady in our wards sister, who came to church last sunday wanted to get baptized. Um... excuse me... come again?! I had to pinch myself to makes sure I wasn't dreaming. Um, yes sir. We're right on that! Sister Lane and I did a little happy dance around the apartment. This goes back to the whole roller coaster analogy of last week, well my hands are in the air and I am enjoying the ride. After our little happy dance we fell to our knees and thanked the Lord. I tell ya, this really is the Lords work. I can knock on doors all day and nothing but when the Lord sees fit he places his children in my hands. That's a little scary but humbling too. I jsut have to be willing to do what he asks me to and he will bless us. He always does. There were so many little miracles that allowed for us to teach her and she is getting baptized on Saturday. That was fast! The Lord knows his children and their needs.
This week has been full of tender mercies from the Lord. Just simple reminders that He know me and loves me. I had one precious little moment the other day while driving home from a lesson. The thought came to me " Grace, I know how you're favorite color is green so I sent you to a place you could enjoy it all year long. Look around you. Enjoy it. I love you!" I love Florida. It's so pretty. 85 degrees, a slight breeze and it's November! The Lord loves me, yup, he does. He love you too!
Saturday was our ward Trunk or Treat. Um, so I think that ward parties are my new favorite hang out. It was so much fun! Sister Lane and I dressed up as each other. We wore each others clothes and switched tags. I drew on a black eye on her and she went around saying, Hey I am sister Thomas and I got punched in the face!" Remember that... I sure do! That's when I learned to "turn the other cheek" ha get it.. oh boy. So I walked around with her camel back backpack and was constantly sucking on the hose. It was a lot of fun. The missionaries were in the judges for the chili cook off. That was sooo much fun. There was one label Adults Only. One of the Elders tried it and was crying so I decided to give it a whirl. Wow, that was so good. I didn't even cry. I think it's because I have this new fettish withhot sauce. I don't know where that came from but I can't get enough of it. The Blazing isn't even hot enough. So yes the Halloween party was a blast and the on halloween I got to see Diane for a little bit. What a better way to end the week. Diane asked me to cut her hair and I was like sure. Never done it before but sure. I was nervous but it actually turned out pretty good. Maybe I have a future in beauty school? Naw... I'll stick with Communication. The Diane told us all about her experience with Hurrican Ivan back in 2004. Now if that wasn't a horror story I don't know what is. I pretty much love Diane!
So that was my week. You know the usual. :)
I'll send pictures because half of you probably didn't even read this anyway. I probably wouldn't have. I just like the pictures. So enjoy. Hope you're having a great week!
Love
Sister Gracie
2 comments:
"B" uh? But.....
I want all of you to know that Grace has touched my life and heart in so many ways. I am blessed to have her near me and enjoy her incredible spirit and loving personality. She is a wonderful young lady and you all would be so proud of her. And, she did an awesome job on my hair, she cut about 3 or 4 inches off!!
Post a Comment