Monday, November 29, 2010

Turn and face the changes ch-ch-ch changes





So another week has come and gone and I once again find myself at the library reflecting on the past week. This week has been so out of the ordinary but good nonetheless. Monday was spent with getting Sister Lane all ready to go home while running back and forth between lessons. Tuesday I spent all morning in a training meeting and then I got to meet Sister Salinas my trainee. She is super awesome and one heck of a missionary. After a couple minutes my nervous calmed down and I knew things would be ok. She is from Northern California but has been living in Logan for the last 8 years. I am pretty sure this is going to be one great transfer together. We dropped Sister Lane off at the mission home and said goodbye. I am so not good at those but you'd think they'd get a little easier. Thursday was  thanksgiving and what a better way to welcome a brand new sister into the field then but watching Toy Story 3. Ha, it was weird because she's been in the field for like one whole day and then it's Thanksgiving, one day where we don't do any schedule work and we got to watch a movie. We went over to the Hopegoods for dinner and there family is just so awesome! The highlight of the evening was when we lit a sugar Santa on fire. That was pretty cool. Then I cleaned out the closet in our apartment and discovered boxes of Christmas stuff. I decided to decorate. That was fun.
I've been pondering a lot this week about changes. Mostly my thought were centered on just how I've been changing so much over the last couple months. It's funny because this time last year, I thought my answer to a mission was no. Little did I know that I would be on one a year later. It always amazes me at just how the Lord works. How he lets us make choices that allow us to grow and change. I think back to where I was a year ago and who I am today. Of course I am still crazy and the same old Grace (oops, I mean... Sister Thomas), but my outlook on life is so different. I don't really know how to explain what I feel but just know good things are happening. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be serving a mission at this point in my life. I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord. I love the changes that are taking place in me. I love this gospel. I love reading from the scriptures and finding the hidden treasures they contain. I find so much peace and strength from the Book of Mormon and sometimes humor. There are some funny characters and I sometimes find myself imaging what they are really like. What's the rest of the story we don't know about. Anyway that's a random side note but I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this gospel. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that my Father in Heaven loves me and has such a perfect plan for me. As I've been studying the New Testament lately and as I teach of Jesus Christ, I have to come to be able to say with all my heart, that I love my Savior. I know He lives. 
I hope you all had a safe and great thanksgiving.  
Love,
Sister Grace Thomas

1 comment:

Dan Thomas said...

Like Uncle Gaylin says "Isn't it interesting how the Lord seems to always have the right person in the right place to do His service."