Monday, December 6, 2010

That's another one for exotic bird bingo

So serving with someone who hasn't been on her mission long is so fun because she finds so much joy in the little things. I remember the first couple weeks here in Florida and I was so amazed at how beautiful everything was. She seems to point them all out to me and it's been so fun to get excited about the simple beauties in life. Also she seems to know a lot about birds, which neither of us can quite understand but it's pretty funny. We've seem a bunch a crazy birds lately. One imparticular was so cool because Diane came knocking on our door and said, "grab your camera and come quickly" I take about 10 steps outside my door and there is this huge owl just sitting there looking at us. This was about the 6th bird we saw that day that was out of the ordinary. I look over at Sister Salinas and say "That's another one for exotic bird bingo" ( a movie quote)
 
Anyway that was an exciting way to start this letter. Well this week has been interesting. I have so much to say and I want to explain everything in so much detail to you all because, well, my life is pretty much awesome and I wish you all could experience it with me but instead I'll take the easy way out and bullet point the highlights of this week.
 
  • We helped Diane set up her Christmas tree. That was so fun. Sister Salinas helped make Cinnamon Rolls. I worked on making a project, we listen to Christmas music and set the tree up. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!
  • We spent a lot of time helping on of my recent converts move into her new place. Can I just saw how much I love the Priesthood. So we're sitting herr trying to move everything and then out of the blue, a bunch of men from the ward show up in this truck and help move. It was such a happy sight to see. Of course they didn't expect the sister to do much but I showed them as I carried the mattress up the staird by myself singing, "Put your shoulder to the wheel, push along, do your duty with a heart full of song." It was really fun!!
  • On Friday a nice man in our ward calls and says he is on the way with our christmas tree. I'm like, "ok?" and then he brings us this live Christmas tree.  It made me so happy. So we now have a live tree in our apartment! It smells so good! 
  • Watching Stephanie at the Ward Party interacting with all the young women as if she had been their best friends for years
  • Seeing Santa!! 
Oh so funny story for you. We were heading to a lesson and Sister Salina goes ," STOP THE CAR!" I pull over and she jumps out and starts screaming that there was a black widow in the car. She is dancing around and freaking out but couldn't seem to find it. It was dark outside and said, "I need a flashlight" She then starts playing with the window trying to see if it's still on it. I am laughing at the situation because she was just so cute. I respond, " Get in the car we're going to be late." She says, "no I'm not getting in the car until I find it." Between all the laughing I told her to pray for protection and get it. In a high pitched squel she says, "Heavely Father, please don't let the spider get on meeeeeeeeeeeee" It was so funny. The best part of the story is a couple days later we found the spider squished between the window. We both just started laughing. I love Sister Salinas because she thinks I'm funny :) We get  along really well and she is so patient with me. We've had several adventures this last week as we've biked the streets of Tampa looking for people to teach.
All the silliness and funny aside. This week has been really good for me spiritually. I've had a lot of time to really reflex on my life and just how the Lord has been helping me. I am so happy with the way things are coming together. I am pretty much just so happy.
Well I am not really good at this whole letter writing this so I'm just going to send more pictures because I love pictures. I hope you are all doing well.
 
Love
Sister Grace Thomas
 





 

No comments: