So Lakewood Ranch is.... AWESOME!! My area actually covers a lot of Sarasota but I'm in the Lakewood Ranch ward. I fit in well here, Sarasota is the Circus capital of the world ha! The first day I got here I saw a man dressed up as a knight riding down the sidewalk on a horse! Sister Larson and I busted up laughing. I looked at her and said, " I'm definitely not in Tampa anymore!" The next day we saw two nijias fighting on a busy street corner. I love all the endless entertainment. It's great! Not to mention there is a group of Omish people who reside here and you see then all over. I saw 5 sisters riding down the road biking in skirts and I was really surprised at how biking sister missionaries really do look omish. They have a bunch of resturants that you can eat at and it is supposedly really cool so we're going to check it out sometime.
Well Monday was full of more packing and goodbyes and there was one last thing I had to try in Tampa....
swing on the vines in our backyard. I'm still working on becoming a lady :) I felt lake Jane from Tarzan. Well after that little adventure. I loaded up the car, said goodbye to Diane and.....
Sister Salinas and started my journey south with Shelby one of my recent converts.
As we were driving trying to find my new apartment, we saw the beach!! Yay!! I was so happy. It's gorgeous!!! This is definitely not Tampa. I love Tampa but I love this place too!
Sister Larson is AMAZING!!! We're going to be awesome together. She laughs at everything so we're just both really happy all the time. The ward here is SOOOO great!! They love the sisters and take such great care of us. We have people calling us to ask if they can help with lessons. It's awesome. We've been going into the homes of the members and getting to know them a little better. I think I am really going to like it here.
Sister Larson and I found some way old Spanish cassettes in the apartment and we've been listening to them. It's so funny, we walk around repeating everything they say and then we start laughing. But hey, it's working! We weekly planned on this bench overlooking all these boats and the ocean. There was a slight breeze and I could smell the ocean and then not kidding, a dolphin comes like 10 ft from the where we were. No way!! It was just swimming around. We did some street contacting on this boardwalking thing and people are so nice here. Everybody is out enjoying the beauitful weather and that made is so much easier to start talking to people with out being all creeper like. We even got a few new investigators and a sun tan. I love Florida!
There ward is a little older because of all the retirement communities and I love it! We had dinner with all the widows in the ward and they were so funny! I don't think I've laughed so hard in my entire life. I love it here!
We're working with a few people that I am excited to meet and get to know a little better. Good things are still to come.
Hope everyone is happy and healthy. I am and it's great! :)
Love
Sister Thomas




1 comment:
Everything about this post is awesome! I'm so glad you have such a good new companion and area, that is so cool! Sounds like an amazing place. I hope you don't mind I've been reading your blog too, Grace! I hope we can meet again someday, maybe sometime if you visit AZ and see Melissa, I can see you too! But it won't be too soon in the future, because I am actually going to go on a mission! My mission president is sending in my papers tonight. Woohoo! I can't wait to find out where I will serve! Hope things just keep getting better and better for you, and that you can help the people there add the joys and light of the gospel in their lives too! Love, Jessica Judy
Post a Comment