We had zone conference this week down in Venice. Oh my, Florida is B-E-A-utiful!! Because zone conference was on Tuesday we got to spend P-day down there with Sister Fox and Sister Broderick. So much fun! We got to spend the night at their place and go straight to Zone conference. I love being around all the other missionaries. It just pumps me up. I came away learning tons of stuff but I think what stood out to me the most was what one Elder said. He was talking about this poster that was in his locker room at school that said, "Respect the Process." He talked about how we often set up all these goal for ourselves and work hard to achieve them but we've got to learn to enjoy the learning experiences that get us to the end result.That really stood out to me because I had all these ideas of what my mission was going to be like and the type of missionary I was going to be. I set all these goals and I think I just expected it to come naturally. Boy was I wrong. Every single thing, I've had to work at. I didn't plan on becoming sick for so long or not actually enjoying talking to everyone. The goals that I have set for my self I continue to work at everyday and I'm learning to respect the process. Sister Larson talked in zone conference and she talked about how it is in the applying of what we're taught, that we truly learn. I can honestly say that I love everyday of my mission, or my life for that matter because of the things Heavenly Father allows me to experience i.e being sick for for-ev-er! That is the whole purpose of this earthly life, is to gain a body and go through experiences that will allow us to apply what we've taught so that we can come to a knowledge of who we really are and just what we were meant to become. Oh, it just makes me so excited thinking about it! Call me a nerd, or just a missionary but the gospel is AWESOME! I am so grateful that we are have our agency to choose what to do with our time on earth and that we have the spirit to guide us. It is through the process, that we do come what we want to be.
In other news, the work here in Lakewood Ranch is starting to pick up. It's been pretty slow lately but Sister Larson and I are putting on our thinking caps and doing whatever we can to help the work along. We've done some service projects helping out the ward. Which by the way, service is awesome and not just because I get to wear my jeans. I just love being able to show people we care without trying to force the gospel down their throats. It's just a simple way to say, we love you and we want to help you with whatever you need. LOVE it! If anyone has any ideas of creative ways to do missionary work so we're not tracting all day every day, share the wealth. I love new ideas.
Oh so here is a crazy story. We were teaching this lady who we contacted through the area book and things were going well. Well left and then not 5 minutes later, her house caught on fire. I'm really glad that we weren't there but it was so bizarre. We're going over there tomorrow to see what we can do to help her out.
Well I'm doing well. Just chuggin along, doing my thing and loving life. I hope and pray that you are all happy, safe, and enjoying your "process" whatever it maybe.
Peace and Blessing,
Sister Gracie Thomas
1 comment:
Wow, yet another great week! I love reading your blog and hearing about your mission. I sure hope I can be as good of a missionary as you are, you are awesome, Grace! Hope you're doing great this week too!
Post a Comment