Hello again everyone. Another week has come and gone here in sunny Florida. The weather is perfect right now. It's starting to get humid again which I actually don't mind. I really love the humidity. Sister Larson and I are still chuggin along trying to find some people to teach. We've been doing a lot of service and anything to build relationships with the ward. One of my favorite things we've been doing is we've been teaching the first lesson with members and then committing them to pray for missionary opportunities. We get on our knees right then and have then pray for someone they can invite into their homes so we can teach them. No bites yet but soon. If anything, I get practice teaching and I get to know the ward members better. I really love the Lakewood Ranch ward a lot. There is a family here, the Titons. They are awesome. Sister Tilton actually reminds me a lot of Kristi. Yesterday we were asked to help in the nursery because they were short on teachers. That was weird because of all the rules we have with being around children but it was really fun. We played with bubles, colored pictures of Jesus, ate cheese balls, sang songs, and built lego temples. Sounds like church to me ;)
We had a neat experience yesterday. We were at the Williams house for a dinner appointment. This family is so awesome when it comes to missionary work. They have an awesome conversion story and they are so excited to share the gospel with friends and family. They just start forking over a bunch of people that we can try to contact. All of them where out of our area but we sent the referrels to the other missionaries. Then he started talking about his neighbor and he was like, " Hey lets just go up now and I'll introduce you to him." So up we went. Knock knock knock, hey meet my friends they're missionaries for our church yada yada yada. First lesson right there, fellowshipper, and all because a member wasn't afraid to introduce his friend to the missionaries. So cool!! I love members. They are so important with missionary work. Have you noticed that the church has taken a turn and are now focusing on member missionary workd a lot more. In about every Ensign there is a talk about how to be member missionaries. In fact, we had a training meeting this week about how we are to help the members in our ward create Mormon.Org profiles and we actually are encouraged to create our own. So in the next couple weeks you can get on to mormon.org and look at my profile. The face of missionary work is changing and I'm so excited!
Oh yes, I can't forget to tell you about last pday at the baseball game.
We went to the Orioles game and that was a blast!! We even talked to many people about the church, including the mascot :) I got pretty sunburned though. To my surprise, it turned into a great tan. Jermey Gurthrie, one of the pitchers is going to be doing a fireside on Sunday on why he is a Mormon. Sister Larson and I asked him to do it and he gladly accepted. Hopefully that'll bring in a few referrels and new investigators.
Well that's all for now friends. Have a wonderful week. Feel free to send me letters :) just saying.
Love
Sister Grace Thomas




1 comment:
Yah Grace, I love the missionary "tan line". Still looks like you had a fun time.
Post a Comment