Monday, April 11, 2011

The engerizer bunny

Another week come and gone. On Monday we went to the Ringling Art Museum for P-day. I really enjoyed it. They had tons of painting of Old Testiment stories which I quite enjoyed. They also had a huge rose garden that we checked out. Florida is always so beautiful it's not fair to the rest of the world.
 
We continued to work on updating the area book and working with the memebers. Not a lot to report on here just, continual trying to locate all those previous investigators. It's getting more hot and humid everyday. The lizards are back out and so are the red ants... ugh... those little terrors. I have a few scars on my feet from those creatures.
 
Yesterday I had to conduct relief society because the whole presidency was out of town. That was a little weird but I am glad I was able to help. The lesson was on charity which I think was prepared just for me. This is something I've been thinking a lot about lately. I find my self asking, "How does Christ do it? How does He love everybody? How can He be so patient and understanding when people are flaky or frustrating?" I never thought I would have a problem loving some people I work with. I thought that I would just be always filled with charity that everything would be so perfect. Ha, doesn't work like that. In Moroni we read about how we must "Cleave unto charirty."  Why do we need to cleave to it? Perhaps because it's not something that is just given to us. It's a gift that we must " pray with all the energy of heart" for.  We're also taught that without charity we are nothing. Some one made a cool comment where they compared charity to a battery. She said if you have the cool camera that can do all these great things it's nothing unless you have a  working battery. I had a little thought moment about maybe how Christ does it. He is full of love. Everything is does is motivated by love and that gives him the energy to do all that is required of Him. I know that those people that I have truly come to love, I would do anything for. I would not sleep, eat, or whatever sacrifices I needed to make to ensure that they are happy. Charity really is our battery. It keeps us going and going and going....
 
I love the description of charity found in Moroni 7: 45. I replaced charity with my name to see if I fit that description. I know have a list of things I need to work on. Try it. Replace charity with your name.
 
And acharity ( Grace Thomas)  suffereth long, and is bkind, and cenvieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily dprovoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
 
I continue to pray for charity so that I can be like Him. So that I can keep going and going and going....
 
I hope all is well with every person reading this. I want you all to know that if you are reading this, it probably means that  I love you. SO I LOVE YOU. Love is a verb. It's through actions that we show our love!
 
Take Luck!
 
Love
Sister Thomas
 
P.S The orange rose is for you mom :)  







2 comments:

James and Elizabeth said...

very lovely Grace.

Cindy Lou said...

And just like batteries, charity needs to be recharged every once in a while through things like temple worship and General Conference.