Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Eastet

Hello everyone!

Do you ever have those experiences where you realize some previous experiences in your past has prepared you for some future events. That was this week for me. So many times this week I found myself reflecting on past experiences and how they prepared me to help someone out in need at this time. I take comfort in knowing that the Lord has prepared me for experiences He places me in. The one good thing about this week is that I've reflected a lot on the Savior and His life. Time convenient considering Easter and all but I've gained a lot of strength as I've centered my thoughts on Christ. We had to teach the lesson in Relief Society yesterday and we proposed the question, " How do you see Christ living in your life today?" The main response I picked up from the discussion was that He lives in the relationships we have with those around us. He lives in service to one another. He lives as we daily strive to be better. Today I got an awesome email from Barbara who I helped teach back in Tampa. She told me all about how she is progressing in the gospel. She is now able to attend the temple to do baptisms. She is preparing to receive her patriarchal blessing. She has so much faith and it makes me so happy! I am so blessed to have people like her and many wonderful others who have helped me feel Christ living in my life as well as in the lives of those I love.

Sorry this is a short email and there are no pictures. I left my camera at a members house. But on Saturday is our wards day of service and it's at the beach and not just any beach Siesta Key, the #2 beach in the US of A!  .... and who has permission to go.... ME!! ( and my companion of course). Woot Woot! I love service projects and Florida! :) Stay tuned for pictures!

Happy Easter everybody!

No comments: