Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Another Day, Another Week

Dear Family,
 
What a week!
 
Love
Grace
 


 
Haha just kidding. That pretty much explains my week quite well actually. This week flew by. Monday was pday and Sister Larson and I went shopping. Well she went shopping, I just looked. As we were walking back to the car, we show this lightening strike the ground like 100 ft in front of us. It was a sunny day and that freaked both of us out so we started running to the car. It ended up with us laughing so hard at how silly we must have looked to everyone.  Tuesday was spent in a training meeting. They're sort of like a zone conference except it is like the MTC again. We're taught how to be better missionaries and then we practice it. Role playing!  Oh yeah! Nothing like trying to convert a missionary. Actually it is really good to practice because missionaries know what it's like and try to throw curve ball at ya, just to keep you on your toes. They have also been doing these preparedness trainings lately. We were talking about what to do in tornadoes. President Summerhays got up and in a very stern voice told us that we were being warned now to be prepared for emergencies.. It was one of those quake in your boots moments. Ironic how the next day their were all those tornadoes in Alabama etc... I'm so grateful we have the guidance of modern day leaders. We're told if we are prepared we shall not fear. Needless to say, my 72 hour kit is up to date and I've got my water storage. Do you? 
The rest of the week was pretty much the same old. Running around trying to locate less actives and working with the members. On Sunday we had a little surprise. As we were sitting in our ward counsel meeting one of the stake representatives accidentally  spilled to the ward that I was being transferred.... Ha um.... Surprise!  That was so weird to find out a week early and in front of everyone. He thought that we had already gotten transfer calls and he was sent to inform the ward that the sisters would be leaving the Lakewood Ranch ward. Apparently he got the memo a week early. Oops! It was pretty funny and the ward got a good kick out of it. It's weird because Sister Larson goes home, we have no investigators, and we find out a week early that the area will be closing. This is going to be a weird week. I'm a little overwhelmed with the situation and sad to be leaving. I know the change is inspired and it will be great but goodbyes are not my favorite. This ward here is so great and the area is beautiful. I will miss it. Also the permission to help with the service project at the beach was denied so sad we weren't able to help out. So no pictures of that. But here are some other pictures that I've collected on my camera. Oh and just for the sake of convince, this week don't send stuff to the Summer cove address because there won't be anyone here to forward it. You can still send stuff to the mission home though. I'll get those.

Also on Sunday, this couple that I've gotten to know really well while I've been here got up and bore their testimonies. Oh my gosh, I LOVE THAT!!!! There is no greater feeling. They are incredible people to hear them give their testimonies totally made the whole time here worthwhile!!

Well until next week, take care!

Love ya,

Sister Grace Thomas

No comments: