I would like to start off by first thanking Celine Dion for those inspiring lyrics which describe my last week perfectly. It's so weird being back here in Tampa. I drove down the streets I use to bike all the time and I could almost see myself biking down the road with my companion. Just for clarification, I'm not in the same area I was in at the beginning of my mission but like one street over. Everything feels like a repeat of the first time I was here.
Here are some things I quickly remembered
- Shut your mouth while biking or you'll have the days worth of protein from all the bugs
- ALWAYS clip you skirt shut
- The second day back on a bike is the worst.
- My biking angel has returned. I've missed him... or her.... not really sure who it is
- The less you have in your backpack the better
- Praying at bus stops really isn't that weird. After all everybody loves a prayer
- The busy city life is way more fast paced than the beachy life
- While biking if something bigger than you is headed your way, you better stop or get out of the way
Those are just a few things that I forgot about Tampa. On Tuesday Sister Larson and I drove up to Tampa and met up with my new companion and I got an awesome surprise when I got to my new place. There sitting on my couch was Barbara!!!! Barbara, Sister Broderick, Sister Salinas and a few others were all waiting for us. They thought we got lost because we were late and didn't have a phone with us but really we just stopped at Sams Club for a hot dog :) I about died when I tackled Barbara, not to mention I shed a few tears! All my friends were there!! Barbara spent the day with us as we got things all organized. Barbara told us the update on her life and how she is preparing to go to the temple the week before I go home. I SO hope I get to be there. She asked me to be her escort. That would make my life so complete. Sister Broderick and Larson were going home so I said goodbye and sent them on their way back to reality.
We moved into some elders old apartment.... yikes that was scary. You could tell they tried to clean and I give them kudos for trying but we filled up 3 huge garbage bags of expired food. After we got all settle in and cleaned the place, we started working on the area book and creating a map of the area. I like starting from scratch.
This week has been one of the best weeks I've had in a long time. I am so happy! Carrollwood is great!! The ward has be so great. We haven't even been her a whole week and we has people giving us referrals, calling to see how we are doing and if we need anything. I have a feeling I am really going to like it here. We staying busy, teaching people and it feels SOOOO good!! I am just so happy and I feel like the Lord has placed me here for a reason. This is the first time that I have felt like that on my mission. Something feels so right!
We had a funny/embarrassing/neat experience yesterday. We went to this family in the ward house. First of all, they are so cool. I love them already! Well as we were starting to bike home I really had to go to the bathroom. It had been no joke 10 minutes since I last went. I thought there is no way I could possible have to go again, but I did and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it home. Since we are still fairly new to the area we aren't sure where members live so we were trying to figure out what to do. Then I remembered that the mission home was just around the corner. To stop by and visit the mission president or not, that was the question. I felt really awkward asking to use his bathroom so I was resistant but I thought, 'No, I got to go" So we stopped by and he was so kind to let me use the little girls room and we then left to start our 5 mile bike ride home. It was getting dark and late so we were hurrying. We past this lady and said hi and the thought came to me go back and talk to her. I ignored it thinking, no we got to get home plus that would be so weird turning around on our bikes and chasing her down. I kept biking and then I heard, "Please, go back and talk to her" Um... did you just say please, ok since you said please haha. I told Sister Montes and immediately we started chasing her down. I was praying the whole time asking to know what to say to her and then I just flat out told her that I felt impressed to come talk to her. She was super nice, not really too interested but I know the Lord sent me there to talk to her. Who know what will come out of it but at least I listened to the spirit. And if I didn't have to go to the bathroom, we would have never gone to the mission home and we would have never met her. The Lord works in mysterious ways hah!
I am so grateful to be here and for all the opportunities I have. I feel so privilege to be a part of the small group of righteous woman who are able to serve missions. I couldn't have asked for a better thing in my life at this time. The Lord is so aware and is actively involved in our lives. What a wonderful blessing that we each have to be able to communicate with our Father in Heaven whenever.
Well I am out of time but I do love you all. Please know you are in my prayers.
Love
Sister Grace Anne Thomas
Oh ps here is my new address
3804 Carrollwood Place Cir #106
Tampa FL 33624
P.S I attached some pictures of Sister Larson celebrating her last day on the mission and then my luggage compared to her luggage.... guess which one is mine :)







No comments:
Post a Comment