So my life is pretty much the usual. Nothing too super exciting happened this week so I thought I would update you on some of my favorite things, or as Sister Summerhays calls them "Sister Thomas-isms"
- Waffles! We have a waffle iron in our apartment and I seriously eat waffles for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Smoothies especially from Smoothie King. Puts Jamba Juice to shame
- The "How to Train Your Dragon" soundtrack. It makes me life so epic and yet magically all at the same time
- Greek yogurt. Have you ever tried it? It's weird but I love it
- The Book of Alma especially chapters 26-29
- Philippino food
- Air conditioning
- Otter Pops
- Grilled Cheese sandwiches
- Hello Kitty, anything
- Frozen grapes
- The Brave Heart soundtrack, I think I just like new music that it new to me or anything with bag pipes
There is just some things to let you know that Sister Thomas is alive and kicking and soaking up everything this thing has get to offer me. It so weird to see how I change and adapt to the situations I am in. I can be totally fun and out going, or shy and reserved. I can be bold. I can dance around the subject. It's cool how Heavenly Father really does prepare you for the situations he puts you in.
Monday I discovered my bike had a flat tire and the tube was shot. So we walked to Target which was about a 5 mile walk and bought a new tube. We got home late so I planned on changing it in the morning. When I get to it the next day, I pulled the tube out of the box and only half of it was there. Somebody opened the box, cut up the tub ands stuck it back. So back to Target we went. It was funny because both times we were planning on visiting this lady but we didn't have a way of getting there because of my silly tire. Apparently we weren't supposed to visit her. I'm happy to report that Bruce the bike is all fixed and ready to go for another week of biking!
So this ward here is so great. I think that this is my new home. Every family I've met here I've just fell in love with. Right now we are teaching this lady named Kyle. She is AWESOME. One day after a lesson she gave us fresh mango and pinapple with a big bottle of cold water for us because she heard we were on bikes. I just love her. She is truly humble and searching for the gospel. She broke down crying saying that she just wants to be with her family forever. That's about when my face lit up. YOU CAN! I love being able to have all the answers for people. Kyle is getting baptized on June 5th. She is actually in another ward so we're trying to switch her over. Oh also, I found out yesterday that this lady that I tracted into back in December has been coming to church and is taking the missionary lessons. I did a little happy dance! She is the coolest lady and I was so surprised to hear she has been coming to church and her husband has been coming!! Yay!!! We have a few referrals that we will start working with soon. I am excited to see stuff happening and people actually seaching for the gospel. This week we've spent a lot of time working with less actives. We've just gone down the ward directory (all 500 of them) and started visiting them. Contacted a few Do Not Contacts... ooops. That was awkward. One thing that I have a hard time understanding is once you have a testimony of the restored gospel how you could you just leave it and go on with your life. I've talked to so many people who still have strong testimonies of the gospel but they say life just gets in the way. It's so sad!
As I was reading the scriptures one morning, I came across a verse that I have to say describes perfectly the way that I feel about my mission. I think this has got to be my favorite thing!
Alma 29:10
10. And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.
As I watch people change their life and come unto Chrsit . I can't help but be reminded of all the wonderful blessings in my life. I would be so selfish, if I didn't take this time to serve Him. I am so blessed to have the fullness of the gospel in my life. It's such a beautiful life we live and I hope that I can be an instrument in the Lords hands and make someone elses life a little brighter.
Have a wonderful week!!
Love Sister Grace
10. And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.
As I watch people change their life and come unto Chrsit . I can't help but be reminded of all the wonderful blessings in my life. I would be so selfish, if I didn't take this time to serve Him. I am so blessed to have the fullness of the gospel in my life. It's such a beautiful life we live and I hope that I can be an instrument in the Lords hands and make someone elses life a little brighter.
Have a wonderful week!!
Love Sister Grace






No comments:
Post a Comment