Monday, July 25, 2011

"Pie" O neers

Guess what? You don't have to push a handcart to be a pioneer.
 
We had our ward pioneer day picnic. They needed some volunteers to make some apple pie. I figure my woman skills were lacking because I had never made an apple pie so I decided that for my future generations I better learn how. It was really fun. It looked like it turned out ok but I was too scared to taste it. I figured one step at a time. The party was fun. We played tug-o-war, and 3 legged races. I may or may not have pushed some little children out of the way :)
 
Have I mentioned before just how much I love Carrollwood?! I never want to leave! I have set aside all my dignity (there wasn't much left, I lost it all when i rode a bike in my skirt) and have offically started begging president not to transfer me. We get calls on Saturday so keep me in your prayers. It's all for selfish reasosn really but for real, I love it here!  The ward has been making huge progress the last couple weeks and I can just feel the work about to explode. I really  want to be here for that. Plus, we get to go to a Rays game Aug 6 if I am still here and Elder Russell M. Nelson is speaking at stake conference coming up. So many great things are about to happen. So many good things are actually already happening. I just love my life!
 
We've been working with a ton of less actives and I have been watching them progress. SOOO cool. We've got a couple people working towards the temple right now. Man, I miss it. I can't wait to go again but at the same time, I don't mind waiting. We had a lady we've been working with start crying and expressing how she needed to get back to the temple. Just broke my heart and we set a goal to get her there. She asked me to go with her when she goes but unfortunately I can't. Sad day.
 
So this week I got attacked my a cockroach, bit 43 times by mesquitos, cleaned carpets, saw lightning stike like 100 ft away, tried to locate a man who died 4 years ago, talk about embarrassing and met a family of 5 who were going to teach tonight. What a great week.  Hopefully it goes well!
 
Well that's all I have to say for now. Love you tons
 
Love
Sister Thomas 
 


 

No comments: