Well transfer calls went something a little like this:
Sister Erb is doing her stretches and trying to act all come and collective but inside you could tell she was anxious. I texted someone and told Sister Erb that if the phone beeped it wasn't President calling it was them responding. Well I set the phone down and then about a minute later the phone beeped and on the caller ID said President Summerhays. I read it aloud and Sister Erb said, " really funny Sister Thomas. I know you're kidding because then you would have to answer it." I smiled and answered... "Good Morning President, this is Sister Thomas" Sister Erb comes flying around the corner. HA! Made my day. Well President just straight up said that I will be.... training again! Ah, just trying to keep my pattern. The first thing I said was I am staying in Carrollwood right? He reassured me that I would and then I started jumping up and down like a fool. I tried to cover up my excitement and act all "professional." I am sure he had no idea how happy I was by my "YEAHHHH, wahooo!!!!" :) But then I realized that meant Sister Erb was leaving :( Not cool! She will be going to New Tampa, which was my first area and about 2 miles away. And she will be serving with her MTC companion who has only been out 6 weeks as well. It will be so good for both of them! Then President gave me permission to do exchanges whenever I felt like it was needed. I am excited for the upcoming transfer!
2 Highlights of the week:
Kyle, remember her? Well she got baptised!! It was a beautiful service and we even got 2 of our investigators to come check it out. I think they like it but they said it was really quite. Most people around here are expecting clapping, singing, and dancing. It's a common response but she definitely felt the spirit, which is the most important thing. Inside my head I was doing my own clapping and dancing.
In sacrement, we had a less active man that we've been working with give on talk on reaching out the the less actives. He shared his experiences with coming back and how much it has blessed his family. He was just so humble and sincere. Not going to lie, I was crying the entire talk lol. It is just so cool!
On Saturday we get to go to a RAYS baseball game because it's "Mormon Night" not exactly sure what that means but I am not complaining. It's going to be SO fun! I also found out that Elder Nelson of the 12 will be coming this transfer so I will be here for that. They are reserving front row seats for Nonmembers and missionaries to come :) Yup, that's motivation to get some people there.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPS!!!
I love you! Have a blessed week!
Love
Sister Thomas




No comments:
Post a Comment