Happy 4th of July!! And Happy Birthday to all those who have or had birthdays lately. I would send stuff but, well... I can't but I did remember your birthdays and I even had some cake to celebrate. But then again I always find something to celebrate about.
Funny things of the week
- I locked the keys in the trunk and the popper things was broken. Ha oops! Thats not funny but what was funny was watching 4 sisters and 2 elders try to get the back seat down to access the trunk that way. But the funniest part of all was how we got it opened. One elder pounded his fist on it and it opened. I think it was an answer to my prayer. He thought it was because he lifts weights. I'll let him believe the latter even though I know that Heavenly Father always answers my prayers ;)
- Bowling with a 70 year part member couple. They'd walk right up holding the bowl and I would hold my breath afraid they were about to break but then BAM... a strike! They were better than I was. I think one of the funniest parts was my bowling shoes and my skirt. I kind of liked it!

- The cockroach the size of China in our kitchen and me trying to catch it to put it outside
- Singing "Proud to be an American" but changing the lyrics to "Proud to be a Missionary" The lyrics went a little something like this :
I'm proud to be a missionary
Where at least I know it's true
And I wont forget the man who died
who gave the Book to me
And I gladly stand up next to you
and testify it's true
Cause there ain't know doubt
this church is true
God bless the missionaries!!!
From the lakes of Land O Lakes
The the hills of Bradenton
Across the Gulf of Mexico
and some other words I forgot
There ain't no doubt the church is truuuuueeee
GOD BLESS THE MISSIONARIES!!
That was my 4th of July!
There is always an adventure, if you're looking for it. So the spiritual part of the week went as followed
So there I was knocking doors... when I had a wonderful chance to testify of Jesus Christ. I do that everyday but this door was different. This door, I think I testified to myself, although that man sure could have benefited from listening but we won't get in to that.
As I bore my bold but solid testimony of this gospel, chills ran up and down my whole body and I got that whole "burning in the bosom" thing. It felt so good! There is something so amazing about being able to confidently testify of this gospel with not an ounce of doubt in your soul. I reflexed on that experience all through out the week. Asking myself, why was this time different. I knew it was true, but for some reason this time I KNEW!!! Talk about a powerful feeling. Well the following day I was listening to Sister Erb share with me all her thoughts about the mission so far. I couldn't help but laugh because I swear I saw sitting on that couch a younger missionary version of me. I heard her word but it was one of those moments where you see somebodies elses head on the wrong body ( I know I'm weird but seriously). That was me. That was me almost a year ago saying the same things. Doubting my abilities, doubting my knowledge, unsure of what I had to offer the mission. I was know Sister Broderick ( my trainer... RIP) listening and saying, "You'll be just fine. Just have faith, trust the Lord etc..." Ha oh how the tides have changed. I remember people telling me that someday I would be looking back on thos experience and seeing the growth. Well I see it. I can see how the last year I've grown so much. I have come SO much closer to Christ and I have more faith in Him. I have repented a lot and I have to endure to the end. I am still am working on that one. But that's the purpose of missionaries. To bring people to Christ. Welp, I did it. I brought myself closer. It's a beautiful life we live! I got a foutune cookie that said "you want the testimony without the test. Well we can't have a testimony with out a test. I am so grateful for the test in my mony!
I love you all!
Love
Sister Grace Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment