Monday, June 27, 2011

Same Same but Different ( this is in honor of Mallorie)

Hello everyone.I LOVE MY LIFE! Have I told you lately just how much I love my life?! Well I do. This week has been absolutely amazing and I am so blessed. I love training just because the new missionaries have so much faith and the Lord really blesses them their first couple weeks. I love being a part of it. My new companion is Sister Erb and she is AWESOME! She is from Visalia California but lived in ID the last 3 years. We are so alike that it's kind of erie. With in the first half hour of serving together we realized just how much we have in common and even have pretty much the same story of coming on a mission. Not to mention we have the exact same journal and we both love to write. This is going to be an awesome transfer! It's fun being with new missionaries because they are just so excited about everything. She is so excited to just work and I love have fearless she is. I love hearing about her fears, hopes, and goals of a mission. I remember my first week... ugh... lets hope I never have to relive that one :) Just listening to hear talk, it's almost like I am watching myself relive my beginning of my mission. I know that President was so inspired to have us serve together. I can learn so much from her.




Laura is doing so well! Brian is out of the hospital and recovery quickly. They both made it to church yesterday for the first time. She texted us as we were driving to the church and we both let out a squal of excitement and then immediately starting praying that Brian would be able to be calm so Laura could focus on the talks. Prayers are answered my friends, prayers are answered! She enjoyed church and she seemed to fit in well. I just love this ward!



We had so many neat experience this week as we were out working. Her first day we went tracting and the very first door we knock the lady comes out and is yelling, you're at the wrong door. I proceed to tell her that no we came to share a message with her blah blah blah and she repeates, "No you're at the wrong door." It was about this time I realized that we were at her side door ( It was a trailor I didn't know the difference) but she told us to go around to the other side. We got a pretty good laugh at that. The next door that man was naked. Nobody wear clothes around here but that's all I'll say about that :) One day as we were visiting Laura in the hospital, we talked to a lady who asked us to go visit her daughter. So we did and we started teaching her. When she got released, we found out she was in a different area, so we sent the Elders over there. She was a neat lady who is expecting her first baby soon. She is really nervous about being a mom and wants to make sure he kids have God and Christ in there lives. Problem solver: The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ... BAM! I know that the Lord places people in your life at certain times. I can't tell you how many times I hear, " I feel like God has sent you here" I love being able to testify with confidence that yes he did, through a modern day prophet. One day, we got a call from our district leader who found a paper of uncontacted referrals from our area. So we got 7 referrals that day!! We even have some people to teach from it. I am just being so blessed!

It's been raining a lot lately, which I love! One of my favorite sites and smells is Flordia in the middle of a rainstorm. Everytime I walk outside a take a deep breathe and soak up it because I know someday I won't be here and all I will have is memories, oh and a whole lot of pictures. Thanks again Mark for the camera. Speaking of pictures, I will close this letter and attach pictures.

Oh I almost forgot to tell you about the best part of the week. Barbara called me and was telling me all about how the Lord has been blessing her lately. Everytime I hear her speak, the spirit testifies to me of just that we are in each others lives for a reason. We have this weird connection with each other that we go through very similar experiences at the same time. I know that the Lord placed her in my life at the time he did because He would answer so many of my prayers through her and her example. I LOVE MY LIFE! OH I aslo got to see Diane! Oh how i miss her!! She is moving and that means she won't be here when i come back to visit but I know that God has a plan for her and he ids placing her exactly where he needs her!



Love

Sister Grace Thomas







No comments: