Last Week on the District: Thomas and Wilson met for the first time. No investigators show up for church but they made progress with a family they are teaching. And they attended Mormon Night at the Rays Game.
This week on the District: Kelly made it to church and connected really well with the ward. Thomas can now pray on Creole and Wilson no longer thinks we are driving on the wrong side of the road. Specialized training brings new tools for missionary work. Contacted a member referral Mark and Debbie and has great first discussion. Stay tuned for more on this weeks episode of the District....
Ok so this week in our specialized training we were all given a dvd player and our own copies of the churches reality show "The District" which follows real missionaries on their day to day adventures. It comes with all sorts of training segments and because I am training we are given an extra hour of companion study and part of that is watching the training videos. I have a silly confesssion. I actually am really addicted to this show haha. Even though I've seen all the clips before. It just pumps me up! This whole week we've been pretending that we are on the show. In all seriousiness though, the new training tools they gave us have actually proven really effective. We pick specific topic to study, such as revelation through prayer or the holy ghost. Then we study with our investigators in mind and then go and teach. Let me tell ya, it works!! I had one of the neatest experience so far this week. We've been working with this lady/her family for over a month now. Earlier this week she said that she wasn't sure if she was getting an answer to her prayers and became discouraged. We talked to her and set up another apt. We spent all morning getting prepared ( using the new tools) and then we taught the smoothest lesson ever and at the end we told her to get on her knees and pray right now. She did. After the prayer, she paused, looked at us, then she said... " I got my answer. I need to be baptized!" YEAH HAPPY DANCE IN THE BRAIN! It worked. I mean, I always knew it would but it worked! Then she came to church and got a confirmation this is right! I love it!!
So yup, I love my life... It's crazy just how much I love it. I am rediculously tired, it's not even funny. I sometimes place my scriptures in the fridge instead of the milk but I wouldn't have it any other way. Well maybe 10 hours of sleep, I could go for that :)
On the home front. Um Jenni a Grammy Nominee?!?!? Redcarpet?! Hollywood?! I knew there was a reason I liked you!! I am so excited for you! And Elizabeth, that baby needs to come. I'll pray harder that she'll come this week :). Everyone else... not sure how your life is going. Hope its good!
Be nice to hear from anyone and everyone, just saying :)
Take care of yourselves. Run throught the sprinklers and take a nap in the grass for me. Oh and don't forget to floss. Love ya!
Love
Sister Grace Thomas




No comments:
Post a Comment