Hey Family,
Well it's been another week. Crazy! My dear friend Cat was baptised this week and that was a special day for me. We've been working with Cat since I got here and I have grown to really love her. She is a great example of faith. I had a bit of a head cold this week and all Sunday I was feeling so sick. I was trying to keep it together and make sure Cat had a great day but it was about the time I almost fainted in the hall that I realized I needed some help. Sister Hodges came up to me and said I look really pale and asked if I was feeling ok. I told her no and said I don't feel well at all, then I about hit the wall. She grabbed me and took me into a room. I started crying because I needed to be there for Cat. She went and grabbed 2 men to give me a blessing and then grabbed a lady in the ward is is PA. Well now I feel silly! They forced me to eat some cookies and juice ( it wasn't that hard to get me to eat them...never really is). It turns out that my cold plus my whole fasting thing wasn't a good combination and I was super dehydrated. We started this whole 40 day purification process where you begin with a fast and then make a list of things to purify yourself and then go 40 days without those things. I kept joking about how I guess I was so pure, all the water was gone out of me. Obviously I was joking. Well I then walked into the baptism, slightly hoping that they had already started and my talk was over. But they were so kind to make sure I still gave me talk. I don't think I have ever prayed so hard to not pass out when talking in front of people. In the end, it was all really good. At the request of several ward members, they told me to go home and rest. So I did and that's what I plan on doing the rest of today. Sorry this is such a short email but I want to crawl back into my bed now, so I think I will. But I'll attach some pictures.
Love
Sister Thomas


No comments:
Post a Comment