I learned a valuable lesson this week about opposition in all things. For every blessing God so graciously gave me, Satan and his followers are working overtime to stop the work. I've learned that the adversary is very real but I've also learned how very real the gospel is and the power of the Priesthood. This week I've spent many hours on my knees pleading for strength and understanding and I learned just how much our Heavenly Father loves me and how much His hand is in my life. How truly blessed I am to know that I have the knowledge of a loving Father in Heaven and His plan for all of his children. How truly blessed I am to know to what source I can find peace and comfort. What better way does God show his love for us, then by giving the gospel of Jesus Christ, led by his living prophets and apostles who hold all the keys of the priesthood. I just wish everyone would come to know the truth of that statement for themselves.
Despite the many trials this week, we got moved into a new apartment and things are starting to settle down a little. The tale end of the week was full of so much joy and love. I can honestly say, I don't think I have ever been so happy. We had the privilege to have Elder Russel M. Nelson come to speak not only at our stake conference but also to all the missionaries. My dad had sent me his biography a few months ago and I found it sitting on my self and decided to brush up a little on the life of the apostle I would soon meet. I gained such a great love for him and his family. Well Saturday was amazing! We were sitting in the chapel waiting and the APs announced that I would have a part in the program so I needed to sit on the end of the pew. I started to panic thinking, "Oh no, they never told me I had to give a talk!" We've done this thing lately where we would get called up randomly to give a 4 minute talk on the plan of salvation or the Restoration. It turned out that I just had to say the closing prayer but I sat in pure panic mode for about 20 minutes. He did a question and answer session with us in which he expounded on the atonement and on the fall. One thing that really stood out to me was he was talking about how to help people deal with difficult situations. He said that often the Lord changes are perspective by teaching eternal principles. He compared to to liberty jail and how when Joseph Smith was at his lowest, the Lord comforted him by helping him see the situation differently. He them went on to talk about eternal families and the importance of temples. He said that as he was looking at all of us, he didn't see us a missionaries but as fathers and mothers, the leaders of the church. He left us with an apostolic blessing which happened to be an answer to every one of my prayers.
Later that night, we attended the Saturday session of conference with Kelli and her husband. There I was sitting on the second row next my my companion, recent convert and investigators, listening to an apostle of the Lord. Living the missionary life! We even had leg room to stretch! Every talk spoke specifically to Aarons concerns. After, Kelli walked right up to him, shook his hand and said that she just got baptised! I was standing there smiling like a fool!!! Then The lady we've been teaching English too, introduced herself to him in English and she was so proud of herself! It was such a happy moment for me!!
Sunday was just as amazing! He had all the missionaries stand up and thanked us for our service. He left the stake a blessing that missionary work would take off if they used us more. He also made a comment and said that the sisters he met were some of the best :) That made me feel good. But I was quickly humbled by everything I need to improve on.
Well I am out of time!
Love
Sister Thomas
Sister Thomas


No comments:
Post a Comment