Sorry this is way later than planned. It's been a crazy last couple days and I am finially getting a chance to be able to check my email and send this one off.
So I am feeling a little overwhelmed with everything right now. Not really sure why, just extremely happy/tired/stressed/anxious/blessed. I will try to compose myself and tell you a little about probably one of the best/hardest weeks on my mission.
Well as you know Kelli ( I am so horrible, I just found out her name is spelled with and "i") was baptized. The week was filled with getting everything in order. None of her family are members so she introduced us to this person and that and made sure to invite everyone to her baptism. The baptism went smoothly except for the whole font not filling up thing. Last minute I was asked to climb into the font to push the plug back down. So they closed the doors. I hiked my dress up and walked right into the font, only almost slipped once and plugged the drain. Secretly I felt all epic :)
I had been fasting for her husband to want to learn and take the lessons. He is super supportive, has some many questions but won't let us teach him. So Sunday I fasted, he comes to church and he stayed all 3 hrs and then in Elders Qurom, everything went all down hill and the last I saw and heard was him leaving and not too happy about it all. I was CRUSHED! We stopped by their house later to talk with him and he is just so put off with so many religions telling him what is right and wrong. We had and interesting talk for awhile but he just isn't quite ready to listen. Talk about heartbreaking. But the whole blessing of it all is how Kelli handled it. She was so calm and said he'll come around.
I was also informed that Elder Russell M. Nelson is going to be doing a special visit with all of the missionaries on Saturday. I am SOO excited! Details to come.
Well I am really short on time today. I may or may not have to move apartments in the next 24 hours but we'll see. LIfe is good, I am doing well, being blessed and taken care of.
Hope all is well
No comments:
Post a Comment