I remember going skiing with Daniel once and as we were riding the lift he showed me the bottom of his ski's. On one it said "GO BIG" and the other "GO HOME." That was about the time he zipped down the hill and I was left standing there like, "um how do I get off this mountain?" Well I've kind of have made that my motto for my mission. If I was going to do this, I was going to do all the way despite whatever challenges or struggles I would encounter. As simple as a moment that was with Daniel, I have thought about it many times. I have been so blessed with wonderful examples to look up to. I think I choose to come at the end of the family line because Heavenly Father knew that I would need some expert "skiers" to help me get off the mountain. In all reality, I am terrified about coming home and getting started with "the rest of my life" (whatever that means) The other night as I was trying to get myself to fall asleep the thought came to me to follow the example set by my brothers and sisters. I've grown up, watching them go through high school, serve missions, live the college life and get married and raise their own families. I know I've always been one of the "little ones" but thank you all so much for your wonderful examples. You have set a wonderful path for me to follow. You have also taught me to enjoy the ride. But the most wonderful example I am truly thankful for is that of my oldest and favorite brother ( sorry guys) Jesus Christ. I have looked to Him on how to serve my mission, how to endure and how to rely upon the Father. Isn't it wonderful that we have such a great example/older brother to turn to/
Last week I spent the week back in New Tampa with Sister Oviatt and Vincent. They are both beautiful servants and taught me so much about serving our Savior. We did a lot of area book work and let me tell you it so weird to show up to peoples door that you taught over a year ago and invite them to once again learn the beautiful message of the Restoration.
We also had our final performance last night of our mission musical fireside. It was a fireside with all the missionaries in the Florida Tampa mission. It was really powerful and pretty much everyone was in tears. I love being a missionary! Well I am going to attach a ton of pictures because I owe ya some.
Um also... I got my "trunky papers" with my flight literary... AH, so rude! I finally figure out how to do missionary work and then the send me home.
I LOVE YOU!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love
Sister Grace Thomas









No comments:
Post a Comment