I am living in a land of golf courses and retirement communities. Welcom to Venice, the city on the gulf. It is so beautiful down here. I love the pace of things down here but I also love the city life to. On tuesday President and Sister Summerhays drove me down to Venice and we had a nice talk and the atonement. They are such amazing people! I am here with Sister Salinas and her trainee Sister Johnson. Sister Johnson is really similiar to me and it's been fun to get to know her better. It's been cool to see how my responsibility has shifted from helping investigators come unto Christ to helping the sisters come more fully unto their Savior and serve them Him in a fuller capacity. I definitely know that I needed to be here at the time because I am learning so much about myself and I feel like Heavenly Father is just paving this path for me to follow. It's been a tender week for me as I've reflected a lot and have received answers to heartfelt prayers.
We had a wedding and baptism for a couple the they've been teaching. It was so fun because I always wanted to participate in one of those. Missionary by day, reception/wedding planner by night. Ok not really but we did spend a lot time getting everything all ready and organized for the wedding so the baptism could happen. It was fun. They are a neat couple.
It is a weird feeling though not really having "my" area and "my" companion. I feel a little lost but I love being able to see other areas and help the other sisters out. Tomorrow after zone conference I will head down further south, about as South as Florida goes to the land of Naples. I will be spending a week with Sister Wilson and Sister Smith.
Sorry this letter is so short and probably rather boring but we are in a rush! Have a wonderful week!
Oh and also, I felt really strongly that I needed to get involved with family history when I get home, so we'll see how that goes. I signed up for a class. Honestly family history has been something I have never enjoyed but apparently family history is something I am supposed be engaged in.
Welp.... peace
Love
Sister Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment