Thursday, December 15, 2011

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear

I've always been one for a good road trip. You know that image where you look in the mirror and see all the beautiful things you just past and then you readjust you view to what's ahead. Occasionally you stop and take a few pictures and then get back in the car and move forward. That's where I am at today, reflecting back and looking forward.



I just spent the last hour or so reminiscing my life through old blog posts and pictures. I found this old post from 2010 explaines my current mood.


Adventures

I want to call up an old friend, get in my car and just drive.
I want to put my feet on the dashboard and listen to Regina Spektor and John Mayer.
I want to stick my hand out the window and penny surf.
I want to drive in circles around the round about, then drive in a beautiful canyon.
I want to engage in meaningless conversation that makes me laugh so hard we have to stop at the nearest gas station so I can use the little girls room.
I want to go so far that we have to eat the homemade peanut butter and honey sandwiches we made just in case.
I want to find an old abandoned shack, and explore it.
I want to lay in the middle of a huge field and discuss all my hopes and fears.
I want to drive to the edge of a cliff and throw rocks off just to listen to them hit the ground.
I want to wrap up in my green blanket and sit on the hood of my car while counting as many stars as I see.
Now all I need is someone to go with me.

Sometimes I see my life in montage form with all this epic music playing. It's been so fun reading my old post about my pre-mission life and then to watch all the growth of made the last 18 months. I can't help but see the Lords hand in all of it.

I have some of the most beautiful blessings anyone could ever ask for, most of the are people.

I LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL LIFE!! 

2 comments:

Dalynn said...

We've taken the road trip to Maryland a few times. There is plenty of time to think and stop and take pictures and stuff like that. You should try it sometime... hint, hint, hint.

Jack said...

I've gotta make it a point to do some of these things. We've got some pretty fun cliffs up here.