Calling update: Institute Counsel. Guess I am going to have to actually make an effort to go and actually enjoy it...
On Saturday was my scheduled first marathon. Instead of spending the morning convincing myself to keep running, I spent the morning at work helping others who had just ran the marathon and were now looking for something to soothe their newly acquired injuries. It was a sad day for me.
The good news is though, my boot is off and I have this sweet wrap for my ankle and I can run. Today I plan to run in the canyon a little bit. Wish me luck
Sometimes I get ambitious and make all these goals for my summer. For example
- read a ton of books
- work like 50 hours a week and not spend a dollar of it
- run EVERYDAY, except Sunday
- actually try to make new friends
- go exploring
- develop new hobbies like cooking or crochet
- go on a ton of random road trips
- learn German
- learn to play an instrument
- discover new music
Lately in my scripture study I have been studying love. Still have a lot of loose pieces I am trying to put together but here are some teasers thoughts. I just love this...
1st John 3:18
18 My little children, let us not love in word, aneither in tongue; but in bdeed and in truth.
I think it's so easy to say that we love someone or something but a good test of our love is through our actions.
What does it mean to love in deed?
Our actions
What does it mean to love in truth?
Sincerity, to seek after, reality
So my real new summer goal
Express my love for others through my actions as well as verbally.
No comments:
Post a Comment