Thursday, September 20, 2012

3 Days in Dallas with Diane

Spending time with Diane is always uplifting. You know the part in The Help where... here just watch it



Well that's how Diane makes me feel. I could spend all day with her and leave feeling like a million bucks. Now imagine three whole days! Does that mean I feel like 3 million bucks?


We spent the first night getting caught up on each others lives and then exhausted I went to bed.
The next morning, she made me a hot breakfast and we again chatted the hours away

We also went on some walks and I attempted to run in 100+ degree weather. I didn't last long but I did take time to play on the toys.



 Since I was in Texas, my experience just wouldn't be complete with out a little Tex-Mex food. Out to On the Boarder we went. The waiter was super nice and gave us a great deal, mostly because Diane talked Dallas Cowboys with him.


Then we got to go to her grandson's football game, and of course it rained. I secretly loved it.



One of the highlights was having her famous fire and ice salad with homemade chicken alfredo pizza. I love that pizza....mmmm... I could go for some right now. We use to do that on the mission, only this time we could watch Steel Magnolias. What an excellent movie about about friendship, the ebbs and flow of live, and the strength of women.


And of course I introduced her to some of my ways- BYU Football





I love spending time with Diane. She is my hero!!
Thanks for a fun weekend Diane!



3 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

I am glad you got to see her. By the way Laura had her baby. Mom has gone down to be a grandma.

James and Elizabeth said...

Looks like fun.

Diane said...

Oh Grace, I love you so much and once again you have made my day...my week...my year! You are so uplifting and a true blessing! I am so grateful for your friendship!