Well so monday my roommate and I woke up at 5:30 am after going to bed at 1. That 4 hour nap was sure refreshing... oh I love being a college student! We got all ready and headed out the door to our first paying gig. As we pulled up to the mall parking lot, we could see all the trailors outside. One for costumes, another for makeup and of course... the actors trailors. We began our excited but very long day with a HUGE buffet. We walked into the room where we spent out 10 of the 12 hours and saw a table full of deliciously fatting foods. Come to find out, that wasnt even breakfast, that was just the beginning. Breakfast was waiting for us outside in the catering truck. After stuffing our faces like any college student would do at the offer for free food, we got all done up with our costumes. And them we waited... and waited, and waited some more. Its almost like that primary song you sang, " Pioneer Children sang as they walked and walked" Well you can add just about as many "waited" as you want and that probably described it. Finally our turn came and we did take after take after take. ( Pioneer song can be applied to this as well :D ) There was one part where I totally ad-libed and the director came up to me and told me to did it again because he loved it. I was pretty much smiling the rest of the day. But as I was sitting there and watching my surroundings, I realized that I would love to do this as a career. Well maybe not be an extra but do something with film. At one point me and this kids Spencer were walking around and somehow we became known and pink and yellow. He was wearing a yellow shirt and I was wearing a red one, so I am not exactly sure how I become pink but it was rather funny. It appeared the staff new all the names of the extra except ours, so by the end of the day when a really mean lady knew my name, I felt pretty special. It was definitly a great experience and I ended up $82 richer! BOO-YEAH!

Here we are waiting

Still Waiting

Yup you guessed it, still waiting

More Waiting
I would have added pictures of the set and all that good stuff but they wouldnt let us take pictures due to legal issues.

8 comments:
Hurray! That is so cool. Can i get your autograph please. Just joking.
I can't wait to see what else happens. Will you get to be in more sense or are you done with this movie?
Hey, I like the name Pink. You must have been good!!! I can't wait to see the movie. What are you going to do with your money. Something special, I hope. Just for the memories. Go Grace!!!
Once you get to be a big movie star, I know an awesome composer to score your film. hehe
I would say that looked like fun but I would probably be lying. I probably wouldn't make a good actor or pioneer with all that waiting or walking.
Glad you are cut out for it.
That is so much fun Gracie! How awesome!! I can kind of relate - when I get done with a gig and getting the adrenaline rush of it all I just want more and more and more!!!
If you ever want the hookup I know people if you want to get some experience in film. Granted they are in WA or CA, but who cares. lol.
Why didn't you tell me their was food involved! I so would have been there to crash your party.
Ah the waiting game. At least there was food involved. Congrats on the ad-lib encouragement.
Wow! Wish we could of been there. For the food that is! They really know how to the celebs,don't they?!
So, fun to hear about the whole experience. Let us know about your next job. Maybe we'll try to join ya. We could really go for the whole free food thing. How bad are we?! We aren't even college students.
We are proud to know you Grace. All the Thomas' do such great things with their lives.
You are too cool. Haini did that once with our cousin Sam and the costume didn't fit him so he had to be something else. Hey food and money is the place be.
Post a Comment