Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankful

So I know this is a little overdue but then again, it's never too late to express gratitude.

Thomas S. Monson said in his talk and Attitude of Gratitude, April Conference of 1992

"This is a wonderful time to be living here on earth. Our opportunities are limitless. While there are some things wrong in the world today, there are many things right, such as teachers who teach, ministers who minister, marriages that make it, parents who sacrifice, and friends who help.

We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues....

First, there is gratitude for our mothers.

Mother, who willingly made that personal journey into the valley of the shadow of death to take us by the hand and introduce us to birth—even to mortal life—deserves our undying gratitude. "

I am SO grateful for my mom! She is my hero and my inspiratation. What an incredible woman she is. She is the hardest worker I've ever known never complains about it. I often wonder why I was blessed with such an amazing mother. I know everbody says that, but in all honesty, I think the Lord gave me one of his finest! Thanks mom for your example and testimony!

Monson continues

"Second, let us reflect gratitude for our fathers.

Father, like Mother, is ever willing to sacrifice his own comfort for that of his children. Daily he toils to provide the necessities of life, never complaining, ever concerned for the well-being of his family."


I am incredibly grateful a dad who honors and respects his priesthood. He always looks for a way to teach us the gospel and then quickly sets the example. He worked hard to provide and raise 10 children in the gospel. He is a great example to me.

"Fourth, let us have gratitude for our friends." ( I skipped the third gratitude, not because I'm not graeful but because I wanted to lol)

I have been blessed with some of the most amazing friends ever!! They are always a great example to me and push me to become better. Of course we always have fun together to.



Lastly, I am grateful for this gospel. As cliche as that sounds, I sincerely meant it. I am grateful for the testimony I have of the gospel. Thanks to my parents and friends, I have developed an unshakable testimony that influences my life daily. I am grateful for the spirit to guide and comfort me as I live worthily of his companionship. I am grateful for the peace that this gospel brings, with all that is happening around us I can't help but feel peaceful. Sometime I feel bad that I am not worried about our economy failing, or what not. I feel at peace. I know that if I live worthily, I will be blessed with peace and comfort and I can find joy in living. I could go on and on about the things that I am grateful for because I have so many, but instead I will leave you with my testimony. I am grateful for my savior and his infinite atonement. I have no words to express how truly grateful I am for his sacrifice and love. I know that He lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ! He is the savior of the world and he is my brother.


Thanks for everyone and their example to me. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of you and your mom is sooo sweet! Your so leetle!

Sandy said...

Sweet and Strong ~ Amazing Grace!!Everyone who knows Grace is THANKFUL for her. Especially her mother. :)

Unknown said...

Yea for Thankfulness now you get to eat a candy corn with everyone of them. PS Yearbook pictures just made my day. No my year!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet. Thanks for sharing.